• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Winging Ceremony

NFOMom

I have heard that an appropriate gift for a pilot or NFO after gets his wings would be solid gold wings. I'm wondering if anyone could tell me where parents would be able to purchase these? I haven't been able to find then online anywhere. I have a couple of months to find them, but I'd like to be prepared!

Kolja

Git-r-done
If memory serves, Wings N Things in Pensacola (near the air station) sold them. In fact, it's still listed on their on-line catalog. I don't know if they actually sell them on line or not, but worth a try... I found their site.

http://www.flywings.com/default.htm

also 1-800-642-9464

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Pretty sure that Bailey, Banks & Biddle sell them via special order, too. For those who've got the $$$ to throw down, that is.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
My parents got mine from Wings in Pensacola. They are really nice, and flat on the back so you can get them inscribed.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Santa Rosa Jewelers sells them for $200. There is a huge billboard with the advertisement just outside of NAS Whiting.

NFOMom

Thank you everyonel for your help! I will make some callls to Wings N Things, Santa Rosa Jewelers and the Naval Aviation Museum as soon as things calm down in Pensacola and everyone is up and running.

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
Unless u or your spouse have military ID's, the only way that you can use the exchange/commisarry is with your son/daughter who is in the military.

saltpeter

Call the NEX customer service line at (800) 368-4088 and impersonate your son. You'll need his name, social security number (which is also his military ID number), and date of birth. The NFO gold wings are sold at the Pensacola NEX as a jewelry item and they are also sold online by the NEX in their online catalog. The reason I'd suggest calling the customer service directly is because locating the item you want online will exasperate your patience, as their website is somewhat painful to navigate without their help. They will also provide the telephone number to the Pensacola NEX and you can choose whether to order them online or from the base store.
P.S. If you wouldn't mind they also sell NFO rings made of gold, I'd like one since the family accountant/boss has long forbode me from buying one.

NFOMom

Thanks for the tips! Wish I could help you out on the gold NFO ring.... but there's one of those accountants in our house too!

We'll probably end up at one of the stores off base. Our son is the only one in the military.

The Chief

Retired
Contributor
NFOMom said:
Thanks .... We'll probably end up at one of the stores off base. ...

Was unable to obtain 14K gold wings through NEX. Said NEX had never carried the 14K gold.

Santa Rosa Jewelers in Milton is back in business after Dennis. They do not stock the NFO wings, only the NA, but they will cast NFO, special order. Takes about a day they said. I placed an order on 7/15, cost $199.99 plus $10.00 shipping. Will be shipped 7/19.

Phone 850 623 2925