• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will switching from Navy option to marine option affect my scholarship?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trey3UofM

I have been given a 3 year scholarship, and i am currently a Navy option student. But i have been considering changing to a marine option, i was just wondering if anybody knew if this will affect the status of my scholarship? (p.s. i am still waiting for the medical review board to clear my physical.)
Thanks.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Well, they're actually two seperate scholarships. You already hold a Navy scholarship?

bch

Helo Bubba
pilot
take the scholarship, then if you are still interested in the marine option, persue it. If you turn it down, you may not get another chance. But that is just my opinion

SlickAg

pilot
You can switch just like any 4 year can, you just have to submit a package. The sooner the better so you can know if you need to take the Marine Naval Science track or the wonderful world of Nav and Naval Ops. I'd quietly go see the AMOI or MOI about this though, otherwise you might end up pissing off some of the Navy guys. I know some officers probably wouldn't like someone taking a Navy scholarship with the sole intention of switching over to the dark side. Just a suggestion to perhaps make your life easier.

snizo

Supply Officer
I think most ROTC instructors are more concerned that you are doing what you want do be doing. I agree that you shouldn't take a Navy scholarship for the sole purpose of trying to get a marine scholarship later, but if you are seriously considering both the Navy and the USMC ... no harm no foul.

But they are different scholarships - you can't just transfer over. If you want to be a marine (or want to open that door for when you decide), keep your grades up but also get your PFT score as high as you can get it. USMC scholarships are incredibly competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.