• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will I get disqualified when I join?

Mr Spenz

"Your brief saved your flight' - every IP
pilot
+1. If you're having to take medications over a breakup, then what else are you going to need for even more stressful situations in the Navy?

No thanks.
Yep thats a solid foundation on which to judge if someone should be an officer or not. I actually put more faith into someone (i.e. DI, Chief that actually deals with the applicant vs someone who puts a stamp on their package) to determined if they have the ability to become an officer.

Dealt with a knee waiver to get to MEPS and through OCS. Having the paperwork is critical!

Also, we had an OCS classmate who had cancer within the last few years, so there is hope for flight status. That being said, if you know you're prone to anxiety, there are plenty of great careers that won't put you through the ringer like the military.

My anxiety really wasn't just due to a relationship breaking up. Close family member passed away and some messed up stuff in my relationship...Trust me, I'm not prone to anxiety at all. It was just this short time.

But regardless...Still worried. I don't know what to do!

exNavyOffRec

Yep thats a solid foundation on which to judge if someone should be an officer or not. I actually put more faith into someone (i.e. DI, Chief that actually deals with the applicant vs someone who puts a stamp on their package) to determined if they have the ability to become an officer.

well, actually when I had a applicant that had taken meds for mental health N3M said nearly the same thing that RUFIO posted, and he had taken meds for just a few months about 7 years prior to him trying to apply, he did get in but it took a few years and many consults.

If the 3 year rule is still in place then once documents are submitted they will DQ until the 3 years is up, then look at options for a waiver.

mental health is the one big item that the military does not like to waiver.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
I don't know what to do!

Gee, if only there were a reference for this...
Instructions: look at your record, look at this. Compare. Discuss with recruiter. Since no one here is looking at your record (please don't post it) and odds are your reviewer is not on this board, you have a >0% chance as far as any of us are going to tell you. If you really want it, submit anyway, but now you're armed with an understanding of what you're up against. If you don't submit anyway, your chance is identically 0%.

Having all your records together and ready is the professional way to proceed, will make you look good, and will speed things along.
Understanding what you're up against will prepare you for the results no matter what they are.

I don't wish you ill, but if you can't figure out your next step based on what we've all been saying here, maybe applying isn't the best use of your time.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again

OPs post below this one proves my point.

Not sure what you're looking for from this forum. The general consensus is that the process is pretty easy and worth trying.
Didn't understand what you meant from the other post. But yeah, I'm applying regardless, but I just found it funny how some people thought they knew all about me from a couple of posts. People really are intolerant of mental issues here I guess.

exNavyOffRec

Didn't understand what you meant from the other post. But yeah, I'm applying regardless, but I just found it funny how some people thought they knew all about me from a couple of posts. People really are intolerant of mental issues here I guess.

not intolerant just blunt after years of seeing similar issues and people get DQ'd

not intolerant just blunt after years of seeing similar issues and people get DQ'd
Yeah I can understand that. Some people seemed to be pretty intolerant of the fact that sometimes, anxiety is overwhelming. I appreciate you being upfront and honest and appreciate the answers. Won't know anything until I apply.

Duc'-guy25

pilot

Well, the officers commenting on this probably aren't intolerant of mental issues as they are intolerant of people posting how indecisive they are about filling out some paperwork of a dream job because you're afraid they'll say no. The job you're applying for typically requires a high degree of decisiveness. The recruiters are giving you their honest opinion based on their experience since the board doesn't exactly sit down and have a cup of coffee with you. While I don't always agree with their personal opinions and post, I'd refer to their professional opinion on what the board is going to think.