• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will broken bones disqualify me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wonderboy

Hi, I'm preparing to start my package for PLC. I broke my ankle about 5 years ago and the doctor put a pin in it. I have absolutly no problem out of it, will this make me disqualified? I've also broken my arm and clavical when I was younger but have not problems, will this keep me out? I'm wanting a ground contract.

wattssf

errrr
Hell no. I was all ****ed up before I went into the Corps. As long as you tell them nothing, you'll be ok; unless of course your injury keeps you from doing painful pt activitites(Especially since youre wanting to be a ground pounder). So, my advise is, unless youre really "hurt" check negative on all the mediacal questions. Once again, thats just my advise. Take per grain of sand. Hope I could help.

Crowbar

None
wattssf said:
Hell no. I was all ****ed up before I went into the Corps. As long as you tell them nothing, you'll be ok; unless of course your injury keeps you from doing painful pt activitites(Especially since youre wanting to be a ground pounder). So, my advise is, unless youre really "hurt" check negative on all the mediacal questions. Once again, thats just my advise. Take per grain of sand. Hope I could help.

This is some of the worst advice I have ever heard. It is of the same caliber as recommending someone stick a knife in an electrical outlet, or stare directly at the sun.

Your best bet would be to talk to an OSO to find out. Think about this. What happens if you say nothing, then for some reason need x-rays at OCS, only to have the doc find a pin in you. The government really doesn't have a sense of humor when it comes to fraud.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
To second what Crowbar said talk to your OSO, deceitful is not the best way to start your path to a commision. Broken bones are not in themselves disqualifying. They will find it so be upfront about it.
Should be no problem for ground and maybe some waivers for air.
Good luck

Penguin

Respect the WEZ
pilot
Definitely don't try to hide it. I have a pin in my hip and am about to finish primary flight training. I had to let the docs look at x-rays, and get an orthopedic surgeon to sign off, but no major problems. If I'd LIED about it, the best I could have hoped for was getting booted when they found out. It doesn't matter what service, officer or enlisted, they don't like to find out you lied on your application. I'm not saying you need to declare every cold you've ever had or all the headaches (hangover-induced, or otherwise) you've had, but when they can find out with one 30 second X-ray...I'd think long and hard about ommitting that detail.

marksmenmd

Oh yeah, something that they would never be able to find out about is OK to leave out (I.e. you had a nasty bruise on your leg when you were 12). But DO NOT even think about lying about somethink like pins. Like posted above, its fraud if you lie at MEPS. When I went there, they advised us that lying can lead to felony charges and jail time.

Status
Not open for further replies.