• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Will a medical waiver affect my chances?

hmorehe

I got a medical waiver for seeing a counselor in high school (I wasn't prescribed medication or diagnosed with anything; getting the waiver was seamless). Someone told me that if I get selected for anything aviation-related, it'll be SNFO rather than SNA since I have that waiver, even though I am in great physical health (perfect eyesight, no injuries, etc). Does anyone know if this is true or not? I'm trying to stay optimistic (I'm ranked high in my class, good PT scores, 8/8/8, studying aviation, decent GPA) but hearing that freaked me out a bit.

villo0692

I got a medical waiver for seeing a counselor in high school (I wasn't prescribed medication or diagnosed with anything; getting the waiver was seamless). Someone told me that if I get selected for anything aviation-related, it'll be SNFO rather than SNA since I have that waiver, even though I am in great physical health (perfect eyesight, no injuries, etc). Does anyone know if this is true or not? I'm trying to stay optimistic (I'm ranked high in my class, good PT scores, 8/8/8, studying aviation, decent GPA) but hearing that freaked me out a bit.
Was in a similar situation, wasn’t an issue

Mouselovr

Contributor
I raise an eyebrow for needing a waiver to begin with for simply "seeing a counselor".
Although I do confess NROTC medicals may differ from the rest of the Navy in mysterious ways I don't understand, ha.
Later down the road for NAMI, a waiver should not be needed but you *may* need to do an extra consultation with a doc. If HS records were seamless, this should be no different.

When it comes to selection and NAMI, your waiver will not change your selection opportunities SNA v SNFO..

Anthony2000

PRO-REC Y SNA
I raise an eyebrow for needing a waiver to begin with for simply "seeing a counselor".
Although I do confess NROTC medicals may differ from the rest of the Navy in mysterious ways I don't understand, ha.
Later down the road for NAMI, a waiver should not be needed but you *may* need to do an extra consultation with a doc. If HS records were seamless, this should be no different.

When it comes to selection and NAMI, your waiver will not change your selection opportunities SNA v SNFO..

Moral waivers are what affect your chances on selection, medical waivers review the NAMI waiver guide for questions on medical chances.