• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wife + Truck + Mud = Funny

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
So I think it has been a sufficiently heavy week. With that in mind, I have a great series of photo's to lighten the mood a little.

Mrs. Pickle thought it would be convenient to take the truck to the farm due to the 24" of rain we've had in the last 2 weeks. She managed to make it to the farm, get a horse loaded in a friends trailer, and get the horse and trailer down the road...

Unfortunately, while she was driving down the same road, she got stuck. And not a little stuck, but so stuck she was blocking the road and the only access for about 7 families to their house.

The first option was to floor it, then to rock it out, and finally to get out and cuss a little. A minor moment of brilliance occured when she tried to use my floor mats for traction. Unfortunately it didn't work. Much to the chagrin of my floor mats (but to the amusement of all involved)

muddywife006.jpg

Lucky for her (and me) there was a kind, older gentleman whose driveway she happened to be blocking. He backed his 4-wheel drive dually (which I think would make it 6-wheel drive?) to my truck and offered a tow...

What he DIDN'T offer was to hook the towstrap to the now buried front end of my truck...

muddywife003.jpg

And thus ensues the real fun. Mrs Pickle first tries the old "Lean on the bumper and reach for the frame" trick...quickly followed by the "kneel in the mud puddle and reach for the frame" trick...and concluded with the "fuck it, I'm already dirty, I'll lay on my side and reach the frame" trick...which worked, and my truck was towed safely away.

I am quite happy with the generosity of strangers, and I had too good of a laugh out of seeing Mrs Pickle soaked in mud not to share...

muddywife001.jpg

Hopefully this was as good for you as it was for me...

Pickle

Brunes

pilot
I'm a Yankee, thank you...my side won the war. Besides, why use the horn when I have a perfectly good finger?

Amen for the finger...and lolz at the photos- Too bad there are none of said stuck truck IN the road.

Nice post!!

MrsPickle

MIT- Manatee In Training
Contributor
That would be my BFF, Sara. It was her horse we were moving. Her horse and Bella are BFFs, too. Convenient for all involved!
:)

p.s. I was going to take a pic, but was worried that 'the big P' would be pissed that I got his precious truck stuck. I could've known better!

Pepe

If it's stupid but works, it isn't stupid.
pilot
I was waiting for the part where she hooked the strap to the bumper and inadvertently ripped it off. Glad to hear the opposite, wish I could say my wife knew the difference.