• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wierd Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peters1

Just out of curiosity, as an Aviation contract at TBS, is it possible to select a ground MOS without dropping your air contract or would you have to switch contracts in order to do it? Thanks a lot.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Can't have the best of both worlds. If you want to play the MOS selection game, you have to give up your air contract.

Think about it, you say you'll hold onto your Air contract while going through the selection process and you get ground supply instead of Infantry or Sig Intel, then you say, Nay, I'll keep my air contract. Meanwhile they have to fill that ground supply with somebody...

know what I mean?

Killer2

TRONS!
None
E5B said:
Think about it, you say you'll hold onto your Air contract while going through the selection process and you get ground supply instead of Infantry or Sig Intel, then you say, Nay, I'll keep my air contract.
SO then the folks who do have an air contract still go through the selection process? I thought we were just excluded. Plus I thought if you had air you stay air unless you wash out which at that point you don't get combat arms MOS you get support<supply ect> This is news to me.

squeeze

Retired Harrier Dude
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Air Contract = don't go through MOS assignment
Ground Contract = do

capiche?

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Killer2 said:
SO then the folks who do have an air contract still go through the selection process? I thought we were just excluded. Plus I thought if you had air you stay air unless you wash out which at that point you don't get combat arms MOS you get support<supply ect> This is news to me.

I was making a point...

Killer2

TRONS!
None
Ok so I misunderstood what was being said sorry for the confusion. you can call off the attack.

towbubba

boot 46 pilot
That's BS about fallen angels not getting combat arms. Depends on when you pick up 1stLt. I know a buddy who just attrited 2-3 weeks ago and they offered him tanks. He shoulda taken it but he got DASC. He could have been blowing holes in mosques in six months oh well he will probably go to the show before I finish here. Lucky bastard. They also don't throw you into a pool with the TBS guys for MOS assignment if you wash out of flight school. Another popular rumor.

Peters1

Follow up question to that last reply: If they don't throw you in with TBS guys for a new MOS, then how do they assign you a new one? Also, are you saying that flight school washouts have a chance at getting combat arms (as in an equal chance to others)? Thanks a lot.

TNWhiskey

2ndLt Charlie Co TBS
Say this a bunch of times and you'll know everything there is to know about MOS selection. "Needs of the Corps."

slasher

OCC 186 Bound
I'm pretty ass backwards on this one. I got in on a ground contract, and when I get to TBS, I'm going to see about getting an air slot. I was originally on an air contract, so I have astb qualifying scores, and my flight physical will still be good at that point. But as Whiskey said, it's all about the needs of the Corps at that time. Any advice (Knowing full well to just focus on OCS at this stage-humor me)?

oh yeah, sorry for the tangent. lol

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
There were Lt's in our Company that went to TBS as a ground contact because their Air contracts were still being reviewed, ie flight phys, and their Air Contracts came through in the first couple of months of TBS. I'm sure if you don't have it secured by MOS time, you'll have to play the whole MOS game.

triplejayz

snake driver
For attrites/DOR Marines, you get the long process of dealing with MATSG-21 (that is the command that you get assigned to when you check in down in P-cola). If you continue through the program, you will be have a MATSG command handle all your admin/non-flying business. Word on the street is that MATSG will look at your TBS standing/choices that you wrote down (you don't take part in the MOS selection process, but you still have to put down your preferences) and see what schools have openings and how long you will sit before starting that school. You can fix this whole problem by staying in the program and getting your wings...so I would worry about the phase of training that you are in or heading to next (whether that is OCS, TBS, API, Primary, etc). Too much to worry about if you start looking too far down the road!
S/F

Status
Not open for further replies.