• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

widom teeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

aoconnor

I am not sure what the actual rule is. However, my command has instructed me to go to Cherry Pt. this summer to have them taken out. Apparently, they don't want me to have them when I report to pcola.

I just read somewhere about having them taken out while you are a candi-o. Way I see it, might as well get em out before.

wildflyin69

Grad of OCS 187 Charlie Co. 3rd Plt.
My OSO told me to get them out before, just to be safe, that way you get all dental work (if any) out of the way before pcola...it would suck to be NPQ'd for something that trivial.

"Push the stick foward, the houses get bigger; pull back, the houses get smaller... unless you keep pulling back, then they get bigger again."

grouch

When I was at OCS, they were gonna take mine out in the tenth week. They will give you a medical hold until your wisdom teeth are removed. It is no big deal one way or the other.

hotshotgunship

Would you be disqualified from OCS you have not had dental work done in a long while. I was considering getting all the dental work needed prior to joining up. Should I do all the work myself or will the Navy/Marines pay for it. Dental work is very costly, some may cost to much to get done. Do I start getting it done before going in, or could I wait until I get in???
Any answers will be greatly appreciated

grouch

The Navy will do it so don't waste your money. Hell, they evn removed the termites from my pegleg.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Did they ever find out about your glass eye, grouch?

Beetle

catpounce

Hey I just had my WT's out by a prior Naval Dentist. He said that it was probably good that I was getting them out now since that is the first place the dentists look when doing the exams. Basically they are not required to be taken out but if you have any problems with them, no matter how small, it might come up and cause them to do it while at OCS. Which means all four taken out a once and a week to rest (so that they don't bleed and can heal). Yep, they'll pay for it but it'll cost you with time. Something to consider...

Kim

No one I knew had them out at OCS, unless they did it during Candi-o phase and I didn't know it. If it is bothering you, they'll take them out. They'll leave small cavaties and that until after OCS. I still have my wisdom teeth after 2 yrs of the Navy. The dentist "recommended" I see a doc about it, but I never had too, make sure you clarify. I doubt you will have to have them out at OCS, at least not right in the middle or beginning unless they are a big problem. This was a while ago though. It's a tough call, but I would wait to let the Navy pay for it (although I hear they don't do as good of a job).

grouch

Originally posted by E5B
Did they ever find out about your glass eye, grouch?

Beetle

No, the never did find out about the glass eye. They were however, intently interested in my brown eye. So are we going hunting in Davis this season?

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
There was one guy in my class that had them taken out during candi O phase. No big deal. Let the Navy pay for it.

E5B

Lineholder
pilot
Super Moderator
Originally posted by grouch
So are we going hunting in Davis this season?

It might be possible if I'm in CC. You gonna come visit while I'm here in Pensacola?

Yeah, one wisdom tooth I had pulled was in the west pacific on the Peleliu. I'll tell ya what, when the doc started towards your mouth with one of those instraments and the ship was rocking pretty good and he says "hold still if ya can"---then you start to worry.

Beetle

Status
Not open for further replies.