• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wiaver for OCS

DimndDave14

When applying to OCS do waivers have different levels. For example, I you get a waiver for a minor speeding ticket does it carry the same weight as a waiver for stealing a car. Yes, I know if you steal a car the waiver most likely would not go through. I am just trying to find out if how they lay everything out in the selection process.

jamnww

Hangar Four
pilot
The only people who know that for sure are the board members themselves and they weight things differently with each group of applicants that come before them. I know thats not helpful but its the truth...

OBVIOUSLY the examples you specifically mentioned are not what you are really talking about...

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
Yes, car theft is a pretty bad one. That aside, every person is diffrent. the board looks at the strengths and weaknesses of each individual, and makes its decisions based on whether or not they feel that he or she has what it takes to succeed. You can't simply classify a waiver in terms of how much its going to impact your selection. Either way, felonies will not look good on an app...

mkoch

I'm not driving fast, I'm flying low
[curiosity threadjack]
Does a speeding ticket even require a waiver? I know at least for Navy they had to be declared, and on the EPSQ it was only declarable if it was more than $150 fine....
[/threadjack]

scotty008

Back at last
pilot
I had one and it had to be waived, but its pretty much a non-issue. Its when you have multiple (i.e. 3+) infractions that things get tricky. One of my squad-mates at OCS had a DUI... It all depends on the nature of the offense and what you have to offer the service.