• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why you're not allowed to play in the cockpit!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
Pic #8 is the best. It looks like the dudes trying to push the plane back out. Wow...I'm never sitting in the seats by the window anymore when i'm in the terminal :eek:

Taildragger

API-bound!
My dad is an airline pilot who flies the Airbus A320/A319 for Northwest Airlines, and he is also a check pilot/sim instructor who does IOE (Initial Operating Experience) checkrides. This reminds me of a similar incident that happened to Northwest a few months back. NWA used to allow mechanics to get checked out to taxi jets from the maintenance hangars back to the gates after the jet comes back up from maintanance. Two mechanics cranked an Airbus up after its required maintanance was complete up at MSP, and taxied it back to its gate, but when they pulled the Airbus up to the gate, for some reason the mechanic shoved the throttles up to one of the climb power detents, and the jet slammed into the jetway and the nose gear collapsed, smashing the engines as they were spooling up. Northwest had to write off the Airbus as a wreck, and the mechanic was fired. My dad got some good pics of the wreck, I wish I knew where he got them from.

Status
Not open for further replies.