• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why you turn your cell phone off before you go to war....

Xtndr50boom

Voted 8.9 average on the Hot-or-Not scale
http://www.kptv.com/news/16161182/detail.html

Talk about one nervous family! Their son tried calling them from Afghanistan, but got no answer. During a firefight a few hours later, he accidentally brushed up against the vehicle which hit the "send" button and redialed the last number... Oops.

Link to the voicemail on youtube:

Bevo16

pilot
I can't even get 2 bars in Millington. I want to know what service plan that dude is on.

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
My OSO was a grunt and told a pretty good story like that.

He was Co CO and had some ABC guy embedded with them when they were making the run for Baghdad. The guy had a sat phone and let a few of the guys call back home. When he was making a call to his very pregnant wife, a few mortars started to fall pretty close and he said "Shit, gotta go" and hung up. About 8 hours later he was able to call back and she didn't take it very well - do you blame her? Makes for a great story though.

VIZKRIEG

KILL
This isn't exactly a cell phone call, but a buddy of mine from school was a reservist. Long story short, he got called up, but one day was on AIM. We were talking to him, and he says, "Gotta go, mortar fire"

He comes back like two hours later, and just continued the conversation as if nothing happened. Meanwhile, we want to know everything and he just shrugged it off.