• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why we'll never get to use USB drives again

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot
That's the IE-2/3 rule. We use an IE browser version that is 2/3 the current version. On IE 11 now in the civilian world? I'm guessing NMCI is upgrading to 8 right now.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Apparently the "rule" that keeps us at our current IE version is promulgated by the Info Dominance people (according to my CTR). I'm not sure how we can dominate anyone using a 5 year-old browser.

In other news, it looks like Flash got updated and Youtube works again. So...I guess bandwidth will dwindle again.

lowflier03

So no $hit there I was
pilot
Apparently the "rule" that keeps us at our current IE version is promulgated by the Info Dominance people (according to my CTR). I'm not sure how we can dominate anyone using a 5 year-old browser.

In other news, it looks like Flash got updated and Youtube works again. So...I guess bandwidth will dwindle again.
I'm not sure if China still being on XP is a benefit to us or them?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
So you're saying they don't know what the fuck they're talking about? Color me shocked. If only MS actually used the new versions to close security holes . . . Oh wait, they do. Even if they seemingly still miss 50 percent of them.

Spekkio

He bowls overhand.
I think it's more a matter of laziness (or maybe 'constrained resources') for not wanting to do whatever security tests they do for every update of IE until it absolutely has to be done.