• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why is it so hard to get anything added into a OMPF?

ARAMP1

Aviator Extraordinaire
pilot
None
I give up at this point. Don’t think it matters much
Well, if it's any consolation, you can apparently make O-5 with a Navy Comm being the only award in your records.

Ironically it was awarded while I was active duty Air Force...though the AF has no record of me receiving it and it didn't make it into my DD214 when I left active duty. LOL.

nodropinufaka

Are you still in? When I came over from the USMC all of my awards with the exception of 2 were added and I can view in NSIPS. The other 2 needed to get sent to PERS and was initiated sometime last July and I submitted again in September. I still cannot view them in NDAWS and they are not listed on my USMC record. I have another set of ribbons I ordered without these. How long should I give them before resubmitting?
I’m still in.

Just waiting

snake020

Contributor
@snake020

Any info on how your JPME AQD got added?

I followed the JPME gouge on Bupers on emailing the RC JQS Mgr. He did his part of updating in JMIS and email me that he forwarded to PERS 911 to update the OSR.

That was several moons ago...lol! I emailed him again to follow up, and he replied he resent my info again to PERS.

I did notice my education section of the OSR got updated with NWC Nonresident, but still no "JPME I" in the AQD block.

I guess I can try snail mail to PERS 911...

Same route, through the RC JQS Mgr. Took a couple months but got in.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I ended up spending $40 for a new set of ribbons because I didnt want to be accused of Stolen Valor for wearing a JCOM that is not in NDAWS. Are you still wearing the award?
FFS. No one is going to do this. You just wasted $40 you could have spent on a nice meal somewhere. If you have paperwork in your personal files for the award, and you were presented with said award, wear the damn award.

Chase the paperwork down and get your record straight, for sure . . . but still. It took me multiple tries to get one NAM in my OMPF. It's there now, but I wasn't scraping stars off my ribbon rack in the interim. That's just silly.

nodropinufaka

I actually just only wear my top 3. Too lazy and don’t care enough to go buy a rack.

Most of my colleagues do the same.

@nittany03 is right. No one and I mean no one is going to get on your case for what you’re wearing.

You’d have to be wearing an extremely outrageous award for someone to question it

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Fun fact: A full rack is required when wearing summer whites, should one ever do such a thing.

snake020

Contributor
Fun fact: A full rack is required when wearing summer whites, should one ever do such a thing.

This gentleman disagrees.

Besides, the regulation states "arrange ribbons in order of precedence in rows from top down, inboard to outboard. Wear either the three senior ribbons, or all ribbons if you have earned three or more."

Attachments

• Admiral-John-Richardson-1873088.jpg
    Admiral-John-Richardson-1873088.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 13

bubblehead

Registered Member
Contributor
Well, if it's any consolation, you can apparently make O-5 with a Navy Comm being the only award in your records.
In the Reserve? Sure thing. We have different standards and people who could not promote on active duty come here and excel.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Where are you getting this from? Because in the uniform regulations it does not specify which uniforms you can top three in (or top 5 for medals)

Admittedly, it may have changed. I brought it up because it came from an amusing SELRES story...

SELRES A was wearing top three in whites. SELRES B, C, D say it's not authorized (at the time). Instead of doing some productive squadron business, SELRES B, C, D spend time proving SELRES A was wrong.

If it changed, mea culpa. But the discussion here of Reservists worrying about wearing something they've actually earned made me chuckle and think of the story.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Do man boobs count?
source.gif