• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why I Love Whidbey

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Pardon me for my lack of knowledges, but why would marrying/dating a SNAG be worse than any other random townie? (Not including any extreem cases such as MB's).

MasterBates

Because by the time you get to the fleet, odds are she has slept with SOMEONE in your squadron other than you..

Plus, they tend to like the "prestige" of dating Naval Officers, but not the bad parts of it.

There is a difference between a SNAG and a girl that happens to live near a base.. That would be a whole thread on its own.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Pardon me for my lack of knowledges, but why would marrying/dating a SNAG be worse than any other random townie? ....
slight Whidbey threadjack/course correction:

'Cause they're too much like stewardesses .... flight attendants, if you must .... SNAG's (and the species they hope to mature into -- the BSO's) usually prowl in 2-3 person hunter/killer teams when lookin' ... and if they make a kill --- they will spend all your $$$$ while they mount your stuffed head on the wall.

And IF they're like stewardesses .... their favorite whine (sic) is: "I want a new Mercedes ... " :)

/slight Whidbey threadjack/course correction....

MasterBates

Make a thread then... I'm sure there are AW members that are a little more emotionally distanced from the subject than I that can give a more objective view...

I am convinced that my ex is hellspawn. So my views are tainted.

Now, at the moment Whidbey is a career-negative/neutral place for shore duty for helo bubbas. It's off the path for CO, but DH is probably safe, given a decent JO tour.

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Make a thread then... I'm sure there are AW members that are a little more emotionally distanced from the subject than I that can give a more objective view...

Now, at the moment Whidbey is a career-negative/neutral place for shore duty for helo bubbas. It's off the path for CO, but DH is probably safe, given a decent JO tour.

Your ex and my ex were birthed by the same she-devil

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Your ex and my ex were birthed by the same she-devil
Harummmmph. Not impressed. They were both the daughters of my ex-wife ... i.e., the Daughter of Satan.

1958whossorrynowvx4.jpg

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor

I've seen more than one East coast LAMPS post DH O-4s flying Whidbey SAR birds - ones I knew didn't do well as OICs. For a guy who knows he won't screen, sounds like ideal orders.

Brett