• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why foreign airlines are better

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
That's amazing. Too bad it wasn't the actual airline demonstration, but still a damn good piece of inflight entertainment.

+1 on not wanting American flight attendants to do it. I'll never forget being so surprised about flying on a foreign airline (Garuda, out of Indonesia): "Holy crap, all the flight attendants are hot, the food is good, and the beer is free. Why did we stop doing this?"

Lawman

None
Passed out on my lufthansa flight and woke up to the flight attendant bending boobs over my chair to shut the window panel for me. I thought I was still dreaming.

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
That's amazing. Too bad it wasn't the actual airline demonstration, but still a damn good piece of inflight entertainment.

+1 on not wanting American flight attendants to do it. I'll never forget being so surprised about flying on a foreign airline (Garuda, out of Indonesia): "Holy crap, all the flight attendants are hot, the food is good, and the beer is free. Why did we stop doing this?"

Two reasons:

1) EEO laws keep airlines from discriminating against old and ugly people.

2) Americans are cheap and air travel has become commodified. Given the choice between paying $50 more for a flight with good service or getting a cheap fare, they always choose the cheap fare.

Wudgles

Cause I am most ill and I'm rhymin' and stealin'
pilot
Two reasons:

1) EEO laws keep airlines from discriminating against old and ugly people.

2) Americans are cheap and air travel has become commodified. Given the choice between paying $50 more for a flight with good service or getting a cheap fare, they always choose the cheap fare.

Was a rhetorical question, but thanks, Phrog.

PropStop

Kool-Aid free since 2001.
pilot
Contributor
I would pay $50 more for an airline that provided good service (not even great, just good), good food (included in the price of the ticket), no stupid fees, and provided a mandatory fitness program for their staff.

One airline that sorta does this is Horizon. Much as I don't like flying on their planes (because they're so small), the free micro-brews and very friendly staff really make me want to fly with them again.