• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why does the Marine Corps have its own "Air Force"?

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Golden Warriors on the war path

web_081021-N-8263S-001.jpg

081021-N-8263S-001 AFGHANISTAN (Oct. 21, 2008) An F/A-18 Hornet assigned to the "War Party" of Strike Fighter Squadron (VFA) 87 deploys flares before beginning a close air support mission supporting ground forces in Afghanistan. VFA-87 is assigned to Carrier Air Wing (CVW) 8 embarked aboard the aircraft carrier USS Theodore Roosevelt (CVN 71). U.S. Navy photo by Lt. George Schmuke (Released)

Mitch

disease free
Dave, I was going to say the same....you'll never catch me calling "In Hot". Hot is reserved for the JTAC or FAC(A) for a reason....

concur, i've never repeated them in the show, but made the mistake of reading back the magic words in training. at best, you get debriefed or down the flight, at worst you get thrown off the range and your squadron gets a nasty call or email. the only time i'll use the word is if it's associated w/ a t/o or landing. otherwise, it's "approved."

Widow43-NICK

Hiya 34 its 43. Swansea any good? Sorry i couldnt make it am in N.Wales. Been reading throught the threads. Some good stuff to go through. Is it Niller, The American GR-9 pilot back home that posted a msg for you? How do you post a video on here? I

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
How do you post a video on here? I

Easiest way is to host on YouTube and then post the URL from there in your post (using URL icon above). Forum software will do the rest. Contact any Mod for further assistance and welcome aboard!

@34 CVW-8 and Golden Warriors are home now.

widow_34

Widow 43, Not surprised you didnt make swansea. Ref the pilot with the US accent flying a GR-9 it is the same guy. Just watch your security with names mate,this place is ''in the red'' See if you can get his SoF with some the Taliban trying to shoot him down on here.

widow_34

Afirm,When we ask ''call 60seconds'' its not so we can get our heads down,its so we can get our camaras out. I have clips of most of the SoF the TR hornets carried out plus the drops and Strafes from C______e amd V___e.I am having a BBQ today with a few of the JTAC's coming round(ww43 is in UK as he is all loved up,with his misses)however I will endever to get the photos on here within 24 hours or so. WW 43 ,mate get your snaps on here for the guys.Regards

widow_34

Clips and footage

This is to the admin guys on this fine site. I have a number of clips and footage of the 4 VFA SQN's off the TR during my last deployment to Afghanistan. I understand that you tube is the way to get those clips on here.I was wondering ,is there any other way I can get these clips on here without using You tube?They are all taken from personal camaras so no security problems I just am a little reluctant to use You tube because it has millions of hits a day and well ....you know what I mean. Any help or advice would be great.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
You could zip them and then attach them to a post. I am not sure if the webmaster has a file size limit.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
According to the "Manage Attachements" button, the forum supports 9.4-ish meg .zip files. I don't know if that's written in stone, but it's what it says. That's probably small for something coming out of a camera unless it's converted to Flash first.

I'll let webmaster weigh in on what goes on behind the curtain.

widow_34

A few snaps of the Jets off the TR supporting me a few months ago in Afghanistan. GBU-12 with thanks to ''War party''

Attachments

• GBU 12 LAKARI.jpg
    GBU 12 LAKARI.jpg
    536 KB · Views: 169
  • 500LB GBU38.jpg
    500LB GBU38.jpg
    366.7 KB · Views: 188
  • 500LB LAKARI.jpg
    500LB LAKARI.jpg
    248.4 KB · Views: 163

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Afirm,When we ask ''call 60seconds'' its not so we can get our heads down,its so we can get our camaras out. I have clips of most of the SoF the TR hornets carried out plus the drops and Strafes from C______e amd V___e.I am having a BBQ today with a few of the JTAC's coming round(ww43 is in UK as he is all loved up,with his misses)however I will endever to get the photos on here within 24 hours or so. WW 43 ,mate get your snaps on here for the guys.Regards

Didn't work with you WW folks too much, FR mostly, but Prowler guy from TR checking in to say hi - great pics.

Brett

Semper Jump Jet

Ninja smoke...POOF.
pilot
Hiya 34 its 43. Swansea any good? Sorry i couldnt make it am in N.Wales. Been reading throught the threads. Some good stuff to go through. Is it Niller, The American GR-9 pilot back home that posted a msg for you? How do you post a video on here? I

:icon_wink

Hope you figure out how to get the vid up, that was as low as I've ever been in an airplane without intending to land!

(Brit rules for SOFs :icon_smil)