• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Why are trousers bloused?

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Why? It's different, and that's cool. (Also helps prevent bugs from crawling in your boots.)
How? Rubber band around the boot; tuck in trou from underneath.

usmc96

Boot Bands.....Liberty Duty .......Command investigations

Things I do not miss in the Marine Corps

KBayDog

Wow.

This thread has been active for over half of an hour, and nobody has chimed in with some awesome Wikipedia "research."

Is this the dawning of a new era on AirWarriors?

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
I was told (take that for the .0001 that it carries), that it is for keeping things (bugs, dirt, sticks, etc) out of our pants by sealing it at the boot. It makes sense to me...

NapalmRat

that's what i've heard too. when my unit did bush exercises/training we bloused our boots really low. looks nasty, but it works, and it's not a big task to pull ur blousing up when ur back in the rear.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
I was told (take that for the .0001 that it caries), that it is for keeping things (bugs, dirt, sticks, etc) out of our pants by sealing it at the boot. It makes sense to me...

its also perfect for keeping 16 gallons of water in your legs when coming out of the quigley

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
its also perfect for keeping 16 gallons of water in your legs when coming out of the quigley

That's to refill your canteens after you pound 2 quarts in 10 minutes to stay in the clear/yellow zone. Also note the potential for recycling water.