• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who's Federal Budget is right???

navy09

None
Realistically, only time will tell. Even then, we'll only know if the current plan "worked," not whether it's better/worse than this GOP plan.

There's a lot at stake here. In 1931, the Fed took a pretty run of the mill recession and made it into the Great Depression. That said, there are a lot of exogenous factors at work here that Summers and Friends have no control over (i.e. foreign holdings).

MPH

The whole article and that's all you comment on? :rolleyes:

Yes.

I have a little trouble taking someone seriously when they show a gross lack of attention to their spelling. They aren't updating their myspace status, the Republicans are supposedly offering a real alternative to the budget proposed by the President. This is the cover letter to their resume, show me you respect my intelligence by typing something precise and professional.

Reconjoe

watch

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
While I agree special attention should be paid to spelling and grammar, failure to be perfect does not negate the merit in any document or proposal.

MPH

While I agree special attention should be paid to spelling and grammar, failure to be perfect does not negate the merit in any document or proposal.

I happen to agree, and I also happen to be a staunch "conservative" economically.

BUT

Just because you can produce a document with both gross spelling errors and merit doesn't mean you should. Additionally, we aren't discussing a failure to be perfect. These errors are atrocious.

Not spell checking a document that will be read by millions (or illions if you write for the GOP) is unforgivable.

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Yes.

I have a little trouble taking someone seriously when they show a gross lack of attention to their spelling. They aren't updating their myspace status, the Republicans are supposedly offering a real alternative to the budget proposed by the President. This is the cover letter to their resume, show me you respect my intelligence by typing something precise and professional.

How about you reading the fine print next before you blunder into copyright infringement? In your rush to point out a typo, you violated thier terms of use and AW copyright policy. Talk about gross lack of attention. The fine print will get you every time if you let it.

Beans

*1. Loins... GIRD
pilot

Special attention should be paid to everything. If they can miss the "m" in "millions," or throw a random "s" in "obtain" without catching it, then they can just as easily be off by a factor of ten or more in any single calculation that drove the thinking behind the booklet. Details matter, so you can't tell me that they were only careless in their grammar and spelling.

MPH

How about you reading the fine print next before you blunder into copyright infringement? In your rush to point out a typo, you violated thier terms of use and AW copyright policy. Talk about gross lack of attention. The fine print will get you every time if you let it.

To be fair I blundered into copyright infringement in my rush to point out multiple typos.

I think that's a fair and important point.

Random8145

Realistically, only time will tell. Even then, we'll only know if the current plan "worked," not whether it's better/worse than this GOP plan.

There's a lot at stake here. In 1931, the Fed took a pretty run of the mill recession and made it into the Great Depression. That said, there are a lot of exogenous factors at work here that Summers and Friends have no control over (i.e. foreign holdings).

Doesn't the majority of the stimulus plan's spending begin in 2010 and 2011...?