• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS Who's Applying for the Feb 2017 AMDO board?

Unfortunately not really.

Mr. Kameyama,

If I'm not mistaken, yes there are other designations you can apply for:

IDC Community -
1800 - Oceanographer: Max age is 42, Min GPA is 2.8, Min OAR is 45, B-average in calculus-based physics, favorable to have a TS/SCI pre-screen
1810 - Information Warfare: Max age is 42, Min GPA is 2.5, Min OAR is 45, favorable to have a TS/SCI pre-screen
1820 - Information Professional: Max age is 42, Min GPA is 2.8, Min OAR is 45, favorable to have a TS/SCI pre-screen
1830 - Intelligence: Max age is 42, Min GPA is 2.8, Min OAR is 45, favorable to have a TS/SCI pre-screen
1840 - Cyber Warfare Engineer: Max age is 35, Min GPA is 3.0 in coding/programming, Min OAR is N/A, Experience with C, C++, Python, Java, and computer forensics, favorable to have a TS/SCI pre-screen

Public Affairs Officer (PAO)
- Max age is 42, Min GPA is 2.5, Min OAR is 35, 3 total PAO interviews required (1 PAO CDR or above, 1 PAO LCDR or above, 1 LCDR of any design), full length photo highly encouraged, desired degree in communication, journalism, and broadcasting

CEC (sorry, I don't know this acronym off the top of my head - think Seabees though)
- Max age is 35 with waivers to 37, Min GPA is 2.5 (3.2 to be competitive), Min OAR is N/A, ABET accredited engineering degree, architecture majors - masters degree accredited by NAAB, 1 CEC LT or above interview required

Then there's also SEAL and EOD whose Max ages can be waived up to age 42. Of course they have a whole lot of other requirements as well.

You can find all of this here - http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/careercounseling/Pages/CommissioningPrograms.aspx Under the OCS section at the top of the page, click on "USN Fleet OCS Brief". If you can't get access, send me a message with your e-mail address and I'll send you the PowerPoint.

Hope this helps.

exNavyOffRec

Mr. Kameyama,

IDC Community -
1800 - Oceanographer: Max age is 42, Min GPA is 2.8, Min OAR is 45, B-average in calculus-based physics, favorable to have a TS/SCI pre-screen
1810 - Information Warfare: Max age is 42, Min GPA is 2.5, Min OAR is 45, favorable to have a TS/SCI pre-screen
1820 - Information Professional: Max age is 42, Min GPA is 2.8, Min OAR is 45, favorable to have a TS/SCI pre-screen
1830 - Intelligence: Max age is 42, Min GPA is 2.8, Min OAR is 45, favorable to have a TS/SCI pre-screen
1840 - Cyber Warfare Engineer: Max age is 35, Min GPA is 3.0 in coding/programming, Min OAR is N/A, Experience with C, C++, Python, Java, and computer forensics, favorable to have a TS/SCI pre-screen

- Max age is 42, Min GPA is 2.5, Min OAR is 35, 3 total PAO interviews required (1 PAO CDR or above, 1 PAO LCDR or above, 1 LCDR of any design), full length photo highly encouraged, desired degree in communication, journalism, and broadcasting

CEC (sorry, I don't know this acronym off the top of my head - think Seabees though)
- Max age is 35 with waivers to 37, Min GPA is 2.5 (3.2 to be competitive), Min OAR is N/A, ABET accredited engineering degree, architecture majors - masters degree accredited by NAAB, 1 CEC LT or above interview required

Then there's also SEAL and EOD whose Max ages can be waived up to age 42. Of course they have a whole lot of other requirements as well.

You can find all of this here - http://www.public.navy.mil/bupers-npc/career/careercounseling/Pages/CommissioningPrograms.aspx Under the OCS section at the top of the page, click on "USN Fleet OCS Brief". If you can't get access, send me a message with your e-mail address and I'll send you the PowerPoint.

Hope this helps.

The reason RUFIO said "not really" is because 1800 requires specific degree, 1840 requires degree from specific college, 1810 and 1820 pic from tech degrees, 1830 pics mostly non tech but all are very competitive and if your GPA isn't north of 3.5 probably not going to happen, more so without a tech degree.

PAO pics almost exclusively MC's or they have actual PAO experience.

CEC - engineering or architecture degree

SEAL/EOD only does waivers for prior operators (SEAL/EOD)

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Mr. Kameyama,

IDC Community -

Hope this helps.

These programs required related civilian or military experience on top of what @NavyOffRec mentioned.

Randolph

List came out 3-4 weeks ago, definitely a while back. Contact your OR.
I am an active duty Marine SSgt, the recruiter I was working with said that the official list is not out yet, so I don't know if I was selected or not... he also said he does not know when the list will come out... any further insight? I've debated calling the Comm. Manager and asking, but I don't want to over step my boundaries. what do you recommend @RUFiO181

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
I am an active duty Marine SSgt, the recruiter I was working with said that the official list is not out yet, so I don't know if I was selected or not... he also said he does not know when the list will come out... any further insight? I've debated calling the Comm. Manager and asking, but I don't want to over step my boundaries. what do you recommend @RUFiO181

Official selection list came out today. Give your OR 1-2 business days to receive and deliver the results.