• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who's all from NAS at Meridian?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyHighBuckeye

Who's with VT-9 or VT-7, and what do you fly???

P.S Salty Dogs are included...If your a Salty Dog in Meridian!
bouncy_125.gif

FlyHighBuckeye

I was told by a friend that the VT-9, has the T-2's down in Puerto Rico.There out there on a DET, out of town training. I thought the navy base there was close??? Why are they at a ran down base that's closed and how long dose the navy plan to keep the team down there. I won't go there for million bucks!

Chuck

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
I wasn't aware of any of our T-2's being out on DET. The last T-2 boat guys got back a week or so ago -- that's it. As far as I know, we've got all of our planes here in Meridian.

fnewton

I am a Marine graduating from Primary in a couple of weeks (knock on wood) and hoping to go TS in Meridian (knock twice). Can someone give me an idea of how the TS syllabus/Meridian NAS is....regarding...

1. the BOQ-
2. Cross-countries (want to knock some x's out enroute to Seattle)
3. pace compared to Primary

...Looking at the website it looks like a blast.

Jeff

1. Dont know, never lived there.
2. Depends on how many X's you have that can be done on the road. I think you would need six and I wouldn't count on that, but you may find an instructor who could work some magic for you.
3. Logical progression, it was tough at first getting used to working the displays and flying, and learning to fly appraoches at 250 kts. Once you figure that out its not that bad. I found myself studying a lot more through TS than I did in primary, but once you get out of instruments, its a blast. I mean low levels, weapons, ACM, the boat... All Unbelievable.

Good Luck

Status
Not open for further replies.