• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Wholesale Ammo Deals?

Redux

Who do you guys use, CMP can't be beat but for things they don't have like 7.62X39 who do you guys suggest other than the standard places like Ammoman or Sportsmansguide?

mmx1

Woof!
pilot
Contributor
For handgun ammunition, at least, I've been going with Blazer aluminum-cased from Natchez shooters supply.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I second Natchez or even Bass-Pro (when they're having a sale).

Redux

So far AIM has it without factoring shipping, 130.00 Vs 140.00 (700 rounds) at Natchez, keep em coming, I appreciate the suggestions.

JIMC5499

ex-Mech
I'd like to give a heads up about bulk ammo. Beware of ammo from countries outside the US. I had a .303 British Enfield Mk. IV that my Father brought back from the Korean war. I went and bought a couple hundred rounds of bulk ammo that was made in Poland. As it turned out, it was too hot of a powder load for the Enfield and I ended up with cracks in the receiver, so now I have a mantle piece instead of a rifle.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
^^ Sometimes surplus ammo in common rifle calibers like 303 British or 7.62x54R may have been intended as light machine gun ammo (hotter load). Caveat emptor.

Redux

^^ Sometimes surplus ammo in common rifle calibers like 303 British or 7.62x54R may have been intended as light machine gun ammo (hotter load). Caveat emptor.

Point taken but to those Garand users, fear NOT about the Greek CMP HXP ammo, it was designed FOR a Garand and works extremely well.

So far my NORINCO SKS has not had a problem digesting whatever 7.62X39 I have scrounged so far.

JKD

http://www.centerfiresystems.com/

I've used a couple cases of 9mm and 7.62x39 from them. Its been a while since I've ordered from them (I don't get a chance to shoot as much as I use to).

I found one 9mm with a flaw in the case (noticed while loading). It may have been an issue when firing, but I figure I'm going to notice any major defect in a round.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Point taken but to those Garand users, fear NOT about the Greek CMP HXP ammo, it was designed FOR a Garand and works extremely well.
Amen. Just about through a box of that stuff and hope to get more. I now have a lifetime supply of en-bloc clips! :icon_tong

Random Task

pilot
I can say that the .223 Centurion Ammo from aimsurplus.com worked well with me. I have heard from others with chronos that it is a bit slower than commercial .223. It's definitely not match ammo but great for the price.

Redux

700 round spam can of Romanian from AIM was 129.99 plus $17.00 to deliver, pretty fair I thought. They said they were VERY BUSY the last week or so.