• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who Shot the Sharif??? (sic)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Did it ... pumped 300+ rounds into the next-door cat .... he gave me "that look" again .... report follows ... I'm sure I'll have more to offer in retrospect.

The following two in .40 S&W:

uspcompact.jpg
p2000us.jpg

The following two in 9mm Parabellum:

p7m8.jpg
Glock19.jpg

The verdict ??? The jury is still out. :)

All pistols ... NO malfunctions of any sort ... all within very acceptable "combat" accuracy ... if I wanted bullseye, I wouldn't use any of the above ... I'd use a "tweaked" 1911.

The size differences/dimensions: almost insignificant ... soooooooooo:

The easiest to carry/conceal (in order):
H&K P2000 (DA/SA)
H&K USPc (w/LEM)
H&K P7M8 (squeeze-cocker)
Glock 19 (DAO)
... this was mostly a function of grip/magazine extension (if any) size.

The easiest to draw/present/operate:
Tie: H&K USPc and GLOCK 19

The calibers:
I didn't notice any felt recoil differences between the .40 and 9mm ammunition in these pistols ... a testament to the design of the H&K's ???

The two newer H&K's "fit" my hand better. Especially the P2000 with the selectable backstaps, a'la Walther P99 (by the way ... a VERY fine pistol).

All pistols "pointed" easily and all controls were easy to manipulate. My GLOCK 19 has a few modifications to the original slide lock and magazine release, however --- bigger.

All were easy to strip, clean.

Three-dot Trijicon night sights on all four. With the exception of the GLOCK 19, all easily operated strong hand or weak hand. The GLOCK has a right-hand only magazine release.

All grip panels comfortable and "fit" well .... for polymer pistols. The P7M8 had checkered walnut grips.

Just my (initial) $20 worth .... :icon_rast

doubledeuce

Tartan
None
I'm curious what your opinion is of the LEM vs DA/SA. I have the USPc45 with the DA/SA and love it, but a P2000 with the LEM trigger intrigues me.

HueyCobra8151

pilot
I'm left handed and with my Glock 17 I pull my middle finger back and hit the magazine release with that - it's not too bad. (I also used this technique with the M9 as well which I just kept in it's R/H configuration)

Lawman

None
Wow A4's there is no way in hell Id rate any of those weapons as easier to conceal on my person then the P7M8 (my carry gun). And I dont just mean IWB or OWB or in a certain position I've tried multiple holsters and places on my person to see if concealment was possible and the other firearms on the list were too limiting on where they could be worn and what clothes I had to wear with them for it to work. Then again, Im a light framed guy.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Lawman said:
Wow A4's there is no way in hell Id rate any of those weapons as easier to conceal on my person then the P7M8 (my carry gun)......
Two words: grip size.

Mainly as a result of the "squeeze cocker" style with it's attendant larger grip when "at rest". Don't get me wrong .... I LOVE my P7 ... well, almost. It functions and shoots perfectly, is probably the most accurate (if I'm really trying) of the 4 pistols, even with the so-so accuracy derived from the 9mm cartridge. Forget the P7M13 ... a solution in search of a problem ....

But the other two H&K grips are just as concealable --- are more 'ergonomic' -- whoever thought THAT word up, anyway??? --- and thus seem to afford a more secure draw and thus a more positive presentation -- strong hand or weak. One less "muscle memory" thing to do .... i.e., "squeezing" and drawing.

The slide width, length, and overall height are within an RCH of being the same with the two newer H&K's and the P7 --- sooooooooooooooooo:

Same relative size .... a more secure, fast grip/presentation, 12+1 .40 S&W @ 165 or 180 gr. vs 8+1 9mm ... in whatever weight you choose. Lots more "throw" weight in a similar package. I'll probably take the H&K P2000 V3 all day long ...

Like I said, any of them will get the job done. All quality pieces. Personal preference .... :icon_rast

doubleduece said:
I'm curious what your opinion is of the LEM vs DA/SA
I think .... DA/SA ... but let me "work" on it some more. The LEM takes a little getting used to. And forget a second trigger pull if a round does not fire --- you have to use both fingers and still jump on it with two men and a small boy to pull the trigger/hammer through again .... stick with "tap/rack/slap" ... more to follow. :)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
RESULTS from the 2nd round of dealing death to neighbor's cat today .... :icon_cat:

The Question: LEM vs DA/SA in the H&K USPC and P2000:

uspcompact.jpg
p2000us.jpg

The ANSWER:

Take whichever trigger style you
like.
:eek::eek::eek: If you "like" DAO, then go with the LEM variant, which was designed for the least common denominator amongst us who handles firearms ..... otherwise ... ???

I honestly cannot pick a "favorite".
I am familiar with both (DAO and DA/SA) , and the ONLY tweak I might do with the LEM is to send it back to H&K to do the "4.5-5.5 lb" trigger vice the present, out of the box "7.5-8.5" version.:bunny_125

Very smooth, however, even in it's present 7.5-8.5 configuration. Trigger release and reset was easy and predictable -- let's say automatic. No thought required ....
:icon_rabb

I prefer the addition of the "decocker" on the V3 P2000 DA/SA trigger system. Why would anyone not, you ask ... ??? Also, the first, DA trigger pull is NOT long as some "experts" and "pundits" report --- it's much better and smoother with no creep or stack --- smoother than any SIGs or Berettas that I have tested and used.

And ...... isn't bein' smooth what it's all about .... ??? :icon_rast

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
A4sForever said:

The Question: LEM vs DA/SA in the H&K USPC and P2000:

uspcompact.jpg
p2000us.jpg

The Answer:

There's an article -- short & sweet --- in the current (June?) edition of The American Rifleman that kind of addresses this very subject. Check it out --- "Dope Bag" basically agrees with my post above, but it will give you a much more "authoritative" answer. :icon_rast