• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who makes the best gold wings?

NavyWife2001

Hey y'all!
I need some help! I am currently trying to locate a place that sells the 14K gold avaitor wings. Know of anyplace that is trustworthy?
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kathy

Reservist Wife
Contributor
I bought my husband's from Santa Rosa Jeweler's in Milton. (850) 623-2925. I called around to quite a few places and they had the best price. I had them in less than a week and they engrave them for free.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I bought a pair in Dubai for about $175. (thus the great price) I wear them all the time. You could possibly hook up with someone deployed on this forum and get some from overseas and have them mailed to you.

My wife has a set of mini wings with a diamond on a chain around her neck, she wears them when I'm deployed. The Pensacola Naval Aviation museum has some good product as well.

NavyWife2001

FYI....The wings are now $299 a pair and $12.50 shipping for Priority mail....I thought I remembered seeing a sign while driving out of WF that said they were $199? Maybe not, oh well.....I HAVE to get them because my hubby will be so surprised! :)

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Hmmm. Inflation! 7/2005 I paid Santa Rosa $199.00 plus $10.00 shipping.

That and the price of gold was recently upto $600/oz... up from $400/oz about 2yrs before if I remember correctly.

My family got mine from a company called Crisalli out of CA on the reccommendation of a family friend who spent 38yrs in the Navy both active and reserve. (after looking into things, in his opinion they were "the best") He got a pair for his daugther's winging, and a friend of mine's family is getting a pair after they saw mine. They are thicker then the gold pair they were selling at the exchange. If i remember correctly Crisalli uses 1/3 oz of gold in their wings, and can engrave them. Maybe worth giving them a call to see.

Crisalli P.O. Box 7277 Northridge, CA 91327
Voice: (818) 368-6230 FAX: (818) 368-3692

http://www.crisalli.com/

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Get them in Bahrain...

Or Dubai...gold at cost.

My wings are 22K. $175 (Nov 2005 price). Let me know and I can get you in touch with them.

~D