• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who has orders to report to API on December 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zilber

pilot
Was just wondering how many people have December as their report date to Pensacola for API? What are you doing until then??? :)

Steven

nburkle

I'm not going down til Dec...I'm just gonna be hanging around Villanova collecting paychecks and PTing...and IFS, maybe get my license

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
Yes, well.. sorta.

The first 3 NFO's started IFS yesterday. All 3 are at Pensacola Aviation.

I am not familiar with this program, as I'm a Coastie.

But I was in the IFS Brief this past Thursday, July 17, and the 3 NFO's were in there as well.

Being the class leader, Debbie (of the IFS office) told me that they had to go to PAC for IFS.

Some LCDR spoke with them after the brief about what to expect.

From what I gather, it's a test program. I'm not sure if all future NFO's will go through IFS or not.

Unfortunately, I got grounded prior to starting IFS yesterday. :| Minor surgery Friday and hope to be up by Tuesday.

Oh, and sorry to the Navy Ensign that had to drive 3 hours to Eglin.

FYI folks, when you move down here, IF they let you live off base, live somewhere that's centrally located. On that topic, I understand folks are being required to live in the BOQ at Pensacola during IFS and API and Whiting for Primary as they are well under occupancy. Don't quote me, but that's the scuttlebutt I got from some stashed Ensigns in the API building.

E

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
I am reporting December first. I am a SNFO. That would suck if we have to do IFS. I want to get this puppy rolling. I am sitting on my six in a recruiting office doing nothing but PTing. Any suggestions on what to do? And what's with this BOQ thing? I ain't working for 12 hours on base only to go home...to my room on base...That would be aweful. Let me know how to get out of that.

Elder

US Coast Guard C-130 Demonstration Team
I just want to make it clear that with me being in the U.S. Coast Guard, I have no idea what the Navy requirements are regarding SNA's, SNFO's, IFS, API, BOQ, etc.

All I can restate is..

I met and was in an IFS Brief with 3 SNFO's last Thursday that were to start IFS this past Monday. They are the first first SNFO's to go through IFS. For all I know, they may be the last. I think the Navy wants to see if NFO's get anything out of it.

From what I understand, IFS is a hoot. The government shells out $3K for you to attend a civilian flight school. Get to wear civies all day, hang out with civilian instructors in a relaxed environment. A lot of the Navy Ensigns try to stretch it out the full 8 weeks. Debbie, who works in IFS, jokingly said the majority of the students don't want to come back and play Navy. :)

As far as the BOQ goes, last Thursday I was in a group of Navy Ensigns, and a female Ensign who was working a stash job in the API building said "they are making people who are going through API stay in the barracks.. I'm helping someone right now who is in a sticky situation." Take that as you will.

A couple of Coastie's actually said the BOQ wasn't all that bad. Cable, TV, stove (I think), etc. And really, the BOQ is a good place to study in groups.

Good luck with whatever you do, and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ... if you see a Coast Guard LT with a name tag that says "YOUNGKIN", just say, "Hey! What's up?" vice "Good morning, Sir!" I know it's bread into you, I know you feel you have to.. with me, you don't! :) I'm 10 years Enlisted, O-3E with 14 years of service.. I don't have to get promoted again, I'm not an instructor.. I'm a clock watching liberty hound who wants to learn how to fly, scoop goof ball fisherman out of the water, go home and have a beer. I'm not in it for the ego. :D

Have a great day!

E

Status
Not open for further replies.