• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who else had flown with "PUMA SWEDE"?

MasterBates

YES!

Aka in the stateroom before cruise, and in the LSO shack DURING cruise (that on wasn't me, guy got the callsign of "Waveoff")

rondebmar

Ron "Banty" Marron
pilot
Contributor
Just found this thread...LMAO!! Except at the stupidity exhibited by the pilot involved re the "filming"...hell, today, aren't we always on film?!?

Anyway, here's my initiation into "Mile High Club"...some unusual circumstances. :icon_wink

Was returning to JFK from HNL...nonstop (DC-8-62)...on the carrier I worked for. Depart HNL 1530 local, arrive JFK ~0730 local. I'd worked the flight before as FE...and rode it a few times as SA...

Wife and I assigned aisle seats in First Class, last row, across from each other...my seatmate a rather handsome young gentleman, wife's seatmate a rather attractive young woman. Shortly after departure, they realize we're together, and arrange a seat swap, so wife and I now together!:D

After the initial cocktail hour, dinner, then movie...what the heck else was there to do?? As DC-8 flight crew, I was privy to the method of removing center armrest...need I say more? :p

Funny thing, though...the young couple hardly spoke for the remainder of the flight!:confused:

What was the unusual circumstance, you ask?? Also aboard, and seated with us in First, were Mr. & Mrs. "Jeeb" Halaby...former FAA Administrator...and
"Jeeb" was Pan Am's Board Chairman...until the previous day, when the Pan Am BOD "canned" him in NYC...apparently while he was in Hawaii.:( (I know he knew his aircraft...during the long ride home, he retired to the aft cabin...removed both seatrests from one row, and sacked out for the evening.

As for staterooms on CVA's...NOT GOING THERE!!

DocT

Dean of Students
pilot
Interesting sidenote is that Halaby's daughter is Queen Noor of Jordan.

/end jack.