• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Who decides if you get into PLC/OCC/OCS?

mxracer19

Hanging out in K-Vegas.
I've been getting mixed messages by what I've been reading. I did a search on here and google and couldn't find very much helpfull information, so I'm posting to ask the people whom have already been accepted into PLC....was it a board that accepted you, or was it the officer selection officer? How exactly did things work for you?

Thanks
Matt

cwyx

Well, if the oso doesn't think your competent, hes not going to waste one of his alloted contracts on you. If he does find you to be officer material, and you pass your meps physical, astb, pft, all that stuff, then hes going to give you a contract of your choice (air ground law.) Then hes gonna send that to the board whos pretty much gonna verify that you are officer material and they will have the final say as to whos going to be at OCS. I believe that you need to convince 3 out of the 5 captains that your worthy of a shot at the shiney version of the EGA. So you have to go through your OSO to get to the board, then the board has the final say. Its important that you impress both of them put it that way.

Slammer2

SNFO Advanced, VT-86 T-39G/N
Contributor
pretty well said...i dont know who the board is made up of, but they are the ones who actually pick you to go to OCS. The two words that I hear a lot are "contracting" and "selecting". Your OSO will help you put your big package together (that sounded bad...) and then once you meet or exceed the minimum requirements, you will sign your contracts. That means that if the board selects you, you will go to OCS as an air, ground or law contract. The selection board will then look at everyones stuff. They will make sure that you are qualified or if theres a lot of people applying, they will figure out who is more competetive. My OSO sent out an email saying that the last board automatically rejected anyone for OCC with below a 270 PFT and for PLC with below a 240. They factor it all in but thats just an example.

mxracer19

Hanging out in K-Vegas.
Awsome info guys. Thanks a whole lot. Like I said before I hadn't really found an answer to that question on here but you two just made it crystal clear. Excellant.