• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whiting Field VT-2, VT-3, VT-6

Status
Not open for further replies.

st1977

Anybody have any input on the differences between the squadrons at Whiting? I hear most international guys and AF students go to VT-3...would it NOT be preferable as a Navy guy to be in VT-3...or does it really matter? Does it effect you come selection time to be in that squadron?

I guess it's out of our hands where we are assigned, so can't really sweat it, but any pros/cons with each squadron would be helpful. Can't wait to get started no matter where I am! Thanks!

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Can't go wrong with VT-2 either. We have Allied students in our squadron too. The instructors are great and they don't baby you.

Future Herc Driver

About to start Tac phase in the Herc.
Virtu- Why do you insist on spreading rumors. VT-3 is NOT run by the AF. Our new skipper is a Navy CDR. H-60 driver. Stop posting until you get your facts straight.

Machine

Super *********
pilot
None
Site Admin
It doesn't matter for selection. You'll compete with everyone across the Wing, and IIRC, throughout all the primary squadrons (including Corpus).

Don't sweat the things that are out of your hands. Study, and do well in the plane.

zilber

pilot
I like VT-6. The instructors are awesome. The CO and the XO are great. You are treated like an officer, not like a student. What more can you ask for?

virtu050

P-8 Bubba
pilot
Future Herc Driver said:
Virtu- Why do you insist on spreading rumors. VT-3 is NOT run by the AF. Our new skipper is a Navy CDR. H-60 driver. Stop posting until you get your facts straight.

well, it has been a couple months since I left whiting but I seem to recall that VT-3 was the only squadron with AF studs and IP's... and you did have an AF CO at one point right? if not, is your XO AF?

and the comment on collateral duties.. I wouldn't know first hand because I'm not af, but from what i've heard from numerous people is that af pilots don't worry about much more than flying. please enlighten me if this is incorrect.

handjive

Blue speedo... check!
pilot
Amen Zilber. I couldn't have said it better myself...

zilber said:
I like VT-6. The instructors are awesome. The CO and the XO are great. You are treated like an officer, not like a student. What more can you ask for?

I hear more complaints out of VT-3 than the other 2 squadrons, but nobody I know is contemplating suicide over there or anything. Like Machine said, "Don't sweat the things that are out of your hands."

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
it's not like you get any choice in what squadron you go to anyway, just do your best wherever they put you.

Squid

F U Nugget
pilot
They gave us a 'choice': hey, we need 2 for vt-27 and 1 for vt-28. there are three of you. choose.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
ENSsquid said:
They gave us a 'choice': hey, we need 2 for vt-27 and 1 for vt-28. there are three of you. choose.

Note the topic: Whiting Field ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.