• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whiting done selecting for FY06?

arbor

I'm your huckleberry.
pilot
Apologies if this has already been addressed, but had heard Whiting was done selecting for the rest of the FY, and holding everyone until Oct. Didn't know that could happen, so thought I'd throw it out there to find out.

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
That's what i heard. It will make selection at the beginning of the FY kinda interesting if everyone on hold is selecting in mass waves.

trvsmrtn

pilot
My class was supposed to be the last selecting in VT3 this fy. A couple of students in the class behind us caught up to us in training and then got put in a holding pattern. A few of my classmates are still finishing up, but from what I understand, VT3 is finished until October.

GMan1976

Banned
so what does that mean? do all the studs have to sit around until then? how is this going to affect those graduating the beginning of '07?

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
So im guessing when I show up to whiting at the end of august, i'll probably wait a few weeks to start primary....

dodge

You can do anything once.
pilot
If no one is selecting til the end of FY then there going to have a bunch of people all selecting at the same time. I know guys that are finishing and have been told they won't select til the new FY.

I'd say it doesn't affect those classing up for primary as much as those about to select. You'd probably wait a few weeks to start primary regardless.

But then again i'm an ensign and a student so i really know nothing.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
There's truth to these rumors. Each squadron has a list of those who will be complete. It will vary from squadron to squadron as to who's on the list (Navy vs Marine). CG and ISNAs are not affected.

So im guessing when I show up to whiting at the end of august, i'll probably wait a few weeks to start primary....

Independent of normal class-up waits, you're fine, as you're not selecting before the end of FY06.

ElCidAv8tor05

Any of you boys seen a VORTAC around here?
pilot
yeah, over here at VT-2 we've slowed down quite a bit. We only fly solos and x-countrys on Fridays as of late. And my class got told that after we finish PAs we're going to RI ground school and first block of sims/flights before coming back for forms. A little backwards from how we normally do it. Our class advisor told me it was due to the limited number of flight hours left for the FY.

P.S. another rumor I've heard is that VT-2 can finish as many NAvy guys as they want per year but only a limited number of Marines. whereas VT-6 is the exact opposite.
I dunno, just a rumor I've heard, could be total B.S.

- "Easy"

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
yeah, over here at VT-2 we've slowed down quite a bit. We only fly solos and x-countrys on Fridays as of late. And my class got told that after we finish PAs we're going to RI ground school and first block of sims/flights before coming back for forms. A little backwards from how we normally do it. Our class advisor told me it was due to the limited number of flight hours left for the FY.

P.S. another rumor I've heard is that VT-2 can finish as many NAvy guys as they want per year but only a limited number of Marines. whereas VT-6 is the exact opposite.
I dunno, just a rumor I've heard, could be total B.S.

- "Easy"

There's actually two different numbers that are the issue. One is overall flight hours. Use those up too soon, and you can't fly. Don't use them up, and it looks bad. The other number is the actual number of SNAs completed. There is a budget, if you will, for how many Marine, Navy, CG, and ISNAs can complete. CG and ISNAs aren't usually an issue. So one squadron may have flown out all its Navy guys for the year, but is behind on Marine throughput. Meanwhile, another squadron is reversed. However, both of these squadrons can be behind or ahead on actual hours flown.

So the rumor you heard is half-true. It just may be that VT-6 is ahead on Navy guys and VT-2 is behind.