• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whidbey Rag Date Question...

Shadow9660

I'm a USMC NFO stud about to be winged (3 flights left, knock on wood)-- Planning to PCS to Whidbey around July/August timeframe. Can any EA-6B bubbas who are currently in Whidbey or were there recently tell me how many classes a year pick up for the RAG? Quarterly or so? Also, do they usually combine SERE and Centrifuge on your way out to Washington... if so, how long am I looking there? Any info is appreciated. Chris

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I'm a USMC NFO stud about to be winged (3 flights left, knock on wood)-- Planning to PCS to Whidbey around July/August timeframe. Can any EA-6B bubbas who are currently in Whidbey or were there recently tell me how many classes a year pick up for the RAG? Quarterly or so? Also, do they usually combine SERE and Centrifuge on your way out to Washington... if so, how long am I looking there? Any info is appreciated. Chris

Classes start every month, at least for the RAG. Your orders will be coordinated so that SERE/AVEWS and RAG dates all marry up. Some folks do the centrifuge enroute to the RAG, others do it later - just depends. Between AVEWS and the RAG, you're probably looking at 11-13 months.

Brett

jfulginiti

pilot
None
I checked into MATSG-53 Sep 01, went to SERE in November, did AVEWS Dec-Jan, started the RAG Apr 02, finished Jan 03, checked out of MATSG-53 Feb 03. Total of 16 months in Whidbey.

Fmr1833

Shut the F#%k up, dummy!
None
Contributor
As an FYI, most of the USMC studs are not getting SERE dates until after the RAG.