• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whidbey Island shooting?

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Quick update...

The place on I-5 north of Alger is indeed Plantation Public Range. It is a fantastic facility. There is a smallbore rifle/pistol range a seperate high power rifle facility as well as a trap range. Here is a link to their website listing hours and costs as well as a breakdown of their facilities. Their high-power rifle range is top notch. The facility runs out to 300 yards with ready targets at 50, 100, 200 and the berm. The staff is extremely helpful and are even able to help you out with things like quick boresights etc...Oh, did I mention the shooting stations are covered? Sweet. If you are in Anacortes or points north, it is quicker to get to than anything except Greene's and is a much nicer facility than North Whidbey. If you shoot up here, give it a try. Only downside I have seen is that the targets are pre-placed. You get one with your range fee and each additional is 1$. Give it a try.

Erik

http://www.co.whatcom.wa.us/parks/range/riflerange.jsp