• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Whidbey house for sale 3 Bed/2.5 bath

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Love to be...but I have to select something that would give me orders up there.;) Loved the area when I was in Bangor though. Good luck with the sale!

Sabre170

None
When do you have to have it sold by?

How far is it to the Air Station? Not just miles but time it takes to get there?

Good or bad neighbors? Main street into a subdivision or side street or cul-d-sac?

What elementary school does the area go to? Local parks close by etc..?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....How far is it to the Air Station? Not just miles but time it takes to get there? ....etc., etc. ....
It's in a good area. Lots of 'O's in the neighborhood. Close to everything. When I was in the Navy it would have been a nice area in which to live .... but it would have cost $30,000. Plus, it was just a grassy field. :)

Is this your place, Flash???

Sabre170

None
LOL, it's oak harbor, dude, everything's like 5 minutes away from everything else :p

Sorry dude. Never been there, I am still at the FRS. Here in Jacksonville, I got a house ONLY 11 miles from the base, but it can take up to 35 min to get there with all the traffic and lights.

For those who may be coming to Jacksonville, Beware of Orange Park. Nice houses, but LOTS of traffic.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
And it's close to everything. I dump my garbage there all the time on my way to town ...

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
When do you have to have it sold by?

No deadline, the sooner the better though. The renters moved out (my rental agent told me the day they left....:icon_rage....if anyone wants details about who not to use as rental agents in Oak Harbor PM me) and now I am sucking up two mortgage payments so the sooner the better ;) .

How far is it to the Air Station? Not just miles but time it takes to get there?

It is just under 5 miles away, only 5-10 minutes from the base......I miss that commute every morning and afternoon I am in my car, on the bus, and then on the Metro here in DC......for an hour.....one way.......:(

Good or bad neighbors? Main street into a subdivision or side street or cul-d-sac?

Great neighbors, almost all military or retirees, mostly snowbirds. One of my CO's lived there as well as a bunch of fellow JO's. The neighboorhood is called Swantown Ridge and is only 5-6 years old, it is a subdivision of a secondary road but just 1/2 mile from Highway 20, the main drag on the island.

What elementary school does the area go to? Local parks close by etc..?

I don't know about the school, I don' thave rugrats......yet. You could ask my agent, she would be able to tell you. As for parks, there is one about 3/4 of a mile away but there is plenty of walking space and it is right near the Whidbey Golf and Country Club. Lots of kids running and playing in the streets all of the time too, I always drove slow.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
It's in a good area. Lots of 'O's in the neighborhood. Close to everything. When I was in the Navy it would have been a nice area in which to live .... but it would have cost $30,000. Plus, it was just a grassy field. :)

Is this your place, Flash???

It is almost like base housing, my first skipper in my Prowler squadron could see my front door from his backyard. His wife metioned this to me several times and said she was going to tell her husband about all the bad things I did.......fortunately she was a cool chick......:D

Yes, it is my house. I am leaving the Navy and it makes little sense to keep a place across the country from where I am, and I need the equity to get a decent place around here. I will miss it, a good quality place in a slice of Americana that doesn't exist around here. Now I know why people retire there......;)

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
And it's close to everything. I dump my garbage there all the time on my way to town ...

I always wondered who that crazy old bum was who wandered around the neighborhood talkign to himself, really freaked the little kids out when he came by......:D

Homeless_man_2.jpg