• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

Citation3

So I have a question. I've been wearing a suunto all through flight school (which has been great) but want to treat myself and honestly can't decide between an Omega X-33 or a Breitling B-1 or Aerospace. The problem is, I won't hit a fleet squadron for a while and it would suck if I bought one of those only to find out that my future squadron wanted to do a customized order of the same watch. I figure the X-33 might be the way to go, since there's really no customizing except to the back plate. So I'm looking at just trying to buy the nearest mint used X-33 Gen 2 that I can find. However, if future squadron decided to order X-33 Gen 2s, does anyone know if I'd be able to send in mine for them to swap out the backplate with a customized one? Thanks in advance.
Oh, and "just waiting until my fleet squadron" would be about two years and I'm unwilling to wait that long. If I order one (say the X-33), and my squadron wants to get Breitlings, then I'd have no problem getting another watch anyway.

Coming from a collector of these types of watches you will not have any problem tracking down a minty condition or Omega X-33 Generation 2. I have even seen a few new unused Gen 2's for sale recently. There are a number of places I would be more than happy to direct you to via PM if you are interested. There is also a very reputable seller out of Japan that could get you one shipped into the states in 3 days after purchase. Asia is a huge Omega market and there is a good supply of them there.

That said, if you do go that route you are going to pay a hefty premium for one. I watch sales of X-33's daily to see if there is anything that I'm interested in picking up. Used minty condition Gen 2's are starting around $2700+. The last new in box one I saw was north of $3600. Prices are crazy high and getting higher because as you may know the X-33 has been discontinued for sometime to the public so idiots like me are willing to shell out big dollars to get them, thus driving up the prices of what is left on the market.

If you do go this route make sure you get it with the box and papers including warranty card. If it ever needs service Omega may not service it if it is from a grey market dealer. Many gray market dealers will extend their own warranty but they do not have access to the module. It is easy for them to fix a crown or pusher but the X-33 module is unique to Omega.

Now, after saying all that.....If you really want one I would put the word out to your friends that you are possibly looking to get in on a buy. My question would be is it worth 3K or more now when you can wait a bit and get the great squadron buy price for a new personalized one? If I were in your position I would wait. Also, as you see above Bremont is doing some great stuff. You may find something you like better.

To answer your other question.... You may be able to order the caseback if you squadron does a buy and they are willing to sell you one but I think Omega would probably opt for selling you a complete watch. I do know Breitling will not alter casebacks or dials any longer.

Citation3

I see they have a location on Shore Drive (walking distance from my house), do you know if it'll be the same level of service as taking my Airwolf to the one of VA Beach Blvd?

I do not believe so. I think they refer watch service to their main location on the boulevard.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Does anyone have any advice for buying used watches online? I'm in on this most recent Omega buy and was planning on waiting to pick up another watch, but then I stumbled into the private sales sections of a couple watch forums and was surprised at how much of a discount (premium) used (new) watches have.

What should I be looking at for pricing? Things to look out for? Best way to structure deals (payment, shipping, insurance, etc)? What else?

SynixMan

HKG Based Artificial Excrement Pilot
pilot
Contributor
That's a fucking awesome watch dude. Excellent choice. Never sell it.

whitesoxnation

pilot
Contributor
Thanks Synix.

wsn, beautiful watch, but ya gotta do sumpin' 'bout that forearm 5-o'clock shadow!:eek:
View attachment 12614
BzB

You mean this? No thanks... haha.

RCA-Gillette-Venus-Divine.jpg

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
If I had a nice watch like that, I'm not sure I'd let my pet Yeti play with it.