• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which watch?

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Okay watch nerds, I need help. I've been rocking the cheap Casio Walmart pilot watch with the useless E6B spinny deal on it for a long time. I like it because it's minimalistic, classy from afar, and I can bash it around the cockpit and not worry about shelling out another $60 bucks for a new one. I'm on my second one, actually. If I could add a small LCD display to the bottom that auto-updates with the new time zone I've just landed in, I'd buy a box of them. I'm thinking that isn't going to happen for $60 bucks.

Casio_MTP4500D-1AV.jpg

Is there something like this that has multiple time zones and will always tell me what time it is back home while updating the local time from leg to leg? I hate huge gaudy watches. I don't really need any features aside from (1) what time is it at home and (2) what time is it here. Definitely willing to spend more money, but I can't justify $2k on a Rolex. If I had that kind of money laying around I'd buy an old van and jump it in the desert. ?

TyKing

pilot
Okay watch nerds, I need help. I've been rocking the cheap Casio Walmart pilot watch with the useless E6B spinny deal on it for a long time. I like it because it's minimalistic, classy from afar, and I can bash it around the cockpit and not worry about shelling out another $60 bucks for a new one. I'm on my second one, actually. If I could add a small LCD display to the bottom that auto-updates with the new time zone I've just landed in, I'd buy a box of them. I'm thinking that isn't going to happen for $60 bucks.

Casio_MTP4500D-1AV.jpg

Is there something like this that has multiple time zones and will always tell me what time it is back home while updating the local time from leg to leg? I hate huge gaudy watches. I don't really need any features aside from (1) what time is it at home and (2) what time is it here. Definitely willing to spend more money, but I can't justify $2k on a Rolex. If I had that kind of money laying around I'd buy an old van and jump it in the desert. ?
Well if you want a watch for does requirements, plus a really nice watch, and you don't mind to spend some serious cash for it, check out a Breitling professional. I don't personally have this watch but every person I know who has it loves it. It does cost you a pretty penny, however watches of this caliber will last you a very long time and are well worth the price. https://www.breitling.com/us-en/watches/professional/aerospace-evo/E79363101B1/

Also Breitling does custom versions of this watch. If you can get enough people to do a mass purchase. In the squadron i'm in, the pilots have ones with a F-15 Strike Eagle on the dial and other custom features. Also, I believe that with a mass purchase you can get it at a cheaper price.

Waveoff

Per Diem Mafia
None

Casio_MTP4500D-1AV.jpg

Lol 2K for a Rolex, for a GMT Master you’re looking at 10K (but that’s not the point).

Seiko has some world time bezel models in steel available. Their site is hard to navigate so I would google “manufacturer” + “world time/GMT” to help narrow it down. Off the top of the head, the Seiko SNA411 has an alarm dial that nearly everyone uses as a separate time zone. There’s a Timex Navi World time that might suit you as well.

mad dog

the 🪨 🗒️ ✂️ champion
pilot
Contributor
...I don't really need any features aside from (1) what time is it at home and (2) what time is it here.

Do what the mad dog action figure [not a doll] does...wear two Seiko automatics on the same band...each set to different time zones. You can purchase two BNIB Seiko SRP777 automatics from a Seiko AD for about $700...considerably less via grey market...

Griz882

Frightening children with the Griz-O-Copter!
pilot
Contributor
If you want to stay below the $1000 mark take a look at the Alpina "Alpinerx" line.

hooflys

pilot
Contributor
Thanks for the suggestions guys, I'll check all of these out and see what works. @mad dog, I believe the term you're looking for is #SexDoll. ?

Hey dude, saw this on leather and it looked pretty good. I like the functionality of the rotatable bezel on my GMT, but this might meet your needs. Hamilton is generally pretty well regarded as far as I know and this seems like a solid price. Sinn and Oris might be worth checking out as well, but more spendy: Hamilton GMT

BarryD

Contributor
Hamilton also has a pretty modestly priced Analog-Digital offer.

Also some of the older generation Breitling Aerospaces have a GMT function and aren't nearly as expensive as the newer generations (around $1k on the grey market, who knows how legit they are though).

Tissot has some good Analog Digital options too, and some of their old stuff basically has the ETA version of the Breitling movement.

+1 on the Seiko SNA411 Flightmaster; it looks awesome and there's a handful of people who would argue that's Seiko's best quartz watch. That thing is like the swiss army knife of watches.

RedFive

pilot
None
Contributor
Hey dude, saw this on leather and it looked pretty good. I like the functionality of the rotatable bezel on my GMT, but this might meet your needs. Hamilton is generally pretty well regarded as far as I know and this seems like a solid price. Sinn and Oris might be worth checking out as well, but more spendy: Hamilton GMT
Dude. That's a sexy watch! I'm not making 12 year Captain pay yet, so I'm not sure it checks off the "bash it around the cockpit and buy a replacement without a second thought" box, but maybe if I drag a wingtip in the combat zone I'll be able to make it work. Thanks man!

For the lazy...
10204791.jpg

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Anybody have any experience with the Ball Watch Company? Their ads keep popping up on my Facebook feed and I'm intrigued by some of their designs. I'm in the market for a good Swiss dive watch that won't break the bank.