• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which Running Program Should I Use To Train?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BNole04

Hi. I'm trying to figure out which training program to use (5k, 10k, etc) and could use a little help. I ran cross country for my high school this year. Next year, I will be attending Purdue University and would like to compete in cross country. They run a 8k I believe in their races. Also, I will be participating in ROTC and would like to get my 3 mile time to 18 minutes. I was wondering which training program I should be using in order to be competitive in both of these? Should I be training for a 5k? 10k? Some totally oddball training program? Any help is welcomed. Thanks.

viv

Midshipman 4/Trash
I don't wanna sound like a jerk, but if you are good enough to run cross country for a Division I school like Purdue, you should be able to run 5K in under 18 minutes... But if you are very serious about training for XC, then that 3 mile time shouldn't be a problem.

As far as answering your post, I would recommend calling up the XC coach at Purdue and asking for a suggested running plan for this summer; most coaches will hook you up with some sort of schedule.

Status
Not open for further replies.