• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which PT uniforms?

OneBadSSS

FY08 STA-21 Pilot Selectee/Currently at ODU
Does anyone know or has anyone asked which PT uniforms we're supposed to report with? The information packages for BOOST and NSI on the STA-21 website list the old white T's and blue "daisy dukes" but aren't the new PT uniforms going to be available for purchase pretty soon?

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
Buy the hoodie sweatshirt and matching pants. The ROTC units are going to be slow to adopt because of funding, and you will need to wear what everyone else is wearing. Better yet, hit up the thrift store and get them super cheap.

scoober78

(HCDAW)
pilot
Contributor
Better yet...wait till you get there and get what they tell you.

Perhaps its changed since I went through, but we had the opportunity to get whatever we needed at the uniform shop there in the first few days.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
When I was there you needed four pair of the old PT uniform. They actually did come in handy as you cannot lounge in civvies at all in Nimitz Hall. Take what you have but I would report with at least two pair of the old ones and you can buy the other ones in the first few days.

BTW you get a uniform allowance and will be required to buy a full officer/OC/midn seabag. If you are smart you will bring whatever current uniform items that will carryover in good condition, such as:

Black Oxfords
Seabag
Peacoat
Raincoat
Winter Blue Pants (2), Tie, and Garrison Cap
CNT White Pants
Nylon Navy Briefcase

And anything else I'm forgetting but this list will save you about $400.

PM me if you want OC devices cheap or for trade

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong but if I'm not mistaken the Peacoat that most will have would be the E6 & below (Article 3501.41) which is different than the CPO/Officer "Overcoat" (Article 3501.39) so unless someone else has info on this I don't recommend lugging that heavy thing out there. Plus I don't see that item on the list for fy07 so I don't think they will make us buy it. Which is great since I've NEVER seen it worn...of course I am stationed in Hawaii.

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
Correct me if I'm wrong but...

You are.

What you have shown is an enlisted peacoat and an officers overcoat. Two different things. The officers overcoat is also called a bridgecoat. It's a full overcoat that should come down just below the knees and has hard shoulder boards. The peacoat is the same material but much shorter and doesn't have shoulder boards. Officers/mids/OCs are allowed to wear a peacoat but if you have an enlisted version you need to have the black buttons replaced with gold ones. Any tailor near your school that does uniforms on a regular basis will be able to take care of that for you and may be able to tell you where to get the buttons if they don't have them at the shop.

Most guys had peacoats at Oregon State but really only wore them when it got really cold, which wasn't that often. Most of the time the dorky, Ike jacket was just fine. Thank God for the leather flight jacket now. I was sorely tempted to have a SWO jacket burning party when I got mine but then thought better of it.

About the only time you'll wear a bridgecoat is when you're in SDBs and it's balls cold outside. I got mine from a relative as a hand me down. In two years I've worn it once to a funeral where it was 20 degrees outside. I'll probably "get" to wear it some more being stationed in Maine.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
You are.

What you have shown is an enlisted peacoat and an officers overcoat. Two different things. The officers overcoat is also called a bridgecoat. It's a full overcoat that should come down just below the knees and has hard shoulder boards. The peacoat is the same material but much shorter and doesn't have shoulder boards. Officers/mids/OCs are allowed to wear a peacoat but if you have an enlisted version you need to have the black buttons replaced with gold ones. Any tailor near your school that does uniforms on a regular basis will be able to take care of that for you and may be able to tell you where to get the buttons if they don't have them at the shop.

Most guys had peacoats at Oregon State but really only wore them when it got really cold, which wasn't that often. Most of the time the dorky, Ike jacket was just fine. Thank God for the leather flight jacket now. I was sorely tempted to have a SWO jacket burning party when I got mine but then thought better of it.

About the only time you'll wear a bridgecoat is when you're in SDBs and it's balls cold outside. I got mine from a relative as a hand me down. In two years I've worn it once to a funeral where it was 20 degrees outside. I'll probably "get" to wear it some more being stationed in Maine.

[FONT=&quot]Reefer (Officers/CPOs)[/FONT]
Article 3501.42

Is this the coat you are describing? I can't seem to find anything else regarding a mid-length coat and there isn't a picture for this "Reefer" thing. I've only spent a small fraction of my time at cold weather duty stations and just curious about some of the more uncommon uniform items.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
Yes, it's aka a reefer. Think P-coat with ocoat buttons and shoulder boards.

et1nuke

pilot
Contributor
Well, you learn something new everyday...but I'm still not bringing mine up to NSI since it's not on the list. But now that I know its still got life left in them (I somehow accumulated another from a rogue roommate or something) I might actually convert it.

llnick2001

it’s just malfeasance for malfeasance’s sake
pilot
I doubt you'll wear it much as a pilot, but definitely hold on to it. It's a good coat and you never know.