• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Which Jack?

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
That picture was probably taken either half-way or towards the end of deployment, so I doubt you could see anything that might once have been painted on anything Shoe owned. See also: deck markings.
Still doesn't explain why a "NO STEP" is upside down on the helo. :)

ABMD

Bullets don't fly without Supply
Why would you doubt him? Here's a civilian helo doing something similar.

I work for a utility and we have our own forestry service division, but never have I seen this. I know we contract the high-voltage transmission line inspections to a company that uses a helicopter, Like this

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I work for a utility and we have our own forestry service division, but never have I seen this. I know we contract the high-voltage transmission line inspections to a company that uses a helicopter, Like this
I have seen them sit on a platform on the helo to perform work, but never actually transfer to the line.

Randy Daytona

Cold War Relic
pilot
Super Moderator
Why would you doubt him? Here's a civilian helo doing something similar.

One of our vertrep guys had this as his previous job. Said it was a lot of fun until 1 of the circular blades departed the assembly...

Here is another video with a better picture of the sawing assembly.

Then again, here is another one in "The World is Not Enough" Not the greatest Bond movie, but it did star Sophie Marceau.