• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where's the lava dragon?

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Do you remember that old USMC recruiting commercial with the dude on the creaky wooden bridge who slays the fiery lava dragon with the sword? Does anyone know where I can aquire this video? The whole reason I joined was to slay the lava dragon.

ATLien

Can I talk to you, Michael?
pilot
There used to be a CD-ROM that Marine recruiters gave out. It was more or less a role playing game that had a user wade through Marine corps history and other jazz. When the CD was opened in Explorer, several quicktime recruiting videos were visible. The crazy lava monster one was there and I copied it to my pc before tossing the CD. However, the Great Hard Drive Disaster of 2004 relieved me of my possesion of the video. Try and search for it or ask a recruiter if they have the old CD.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Shadow9660 said:
I thought the lava dragon was the character before Mike Tyson in "Punchout"...did anybody ever get that far?

Oh yeah. Tyson was a wuss. His "special" was multiple uppercuts. You just had to dodge side to side really quick. Sodapopinski was more difficult.:fight_125

KBayDog

jboomer said:
Sodapopinski was more difficult.:fight_125

Soda Popinski - Gotta respect the obligatory mid-80s Russian opponent (drunk one, at that!)

My favorite was Glass Joe. I could put one mean hurtin' on that dude, even after a long fourth-grade day of school lunch and dodgeball. :icon_boxi

punch3.jpg

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
I asked around in the TBS forum, but it seems the boot lieutenants don't remember that old recruiting commercial where the warrior slays the fiery lava dragon with a sword. Does anyone know where I can acquire this video?

KBayDog

"Boot Lieutenants," huh? I suppose I'm one of the "boot lieutenants" you are referring to.

Sorry, son, wish I could help you. See, I originally enlisted during a time when I thought I'd be able to play chess on a life-sized chess board - well before "that old recruiting commercial where the warrior slays the fiery lava dragon with a sword."

In any event, if you really want to find the commercial (which, by the way, is entitled "Rite of Passage," and debuted in 1998), I suggest you contact J. Walter Thompson, the advertising agency that creates the commercials designed to attract "boot lieutenants" like myself.

http://www.jwt.com/

Good luck.

cWood30

PLC Sr's Candidate
Personally, I believe I'm at a crossroads between free climbing a large mountain in Utah/Arizona or being chiseled out of some type of clear, carvable igneous rock. I just don't know who I am :confused: Good luck in your search though.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
ArkhamAsylum said:
I asked around in the TBS forum, but it seems the boot lieutenants don't remember that old recruiting commercial where the warrior slays the fiery lava dragon with a sword. Does anyone know where I can acquire this video?

Let me check...yup...last time I looked it's still living in my pants. :icon_rage