• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where will I live?

sgtdube

USMCGRUNT
I was wondering, as an NFO student, will I ever leave P'cola during the training there or am I always going to be at NAS? As in, pilots will go to whiting, corpus, meridian, jax....you get it
Thanks
Dube

adam28270

Just heard from our CO today, confirming what was said earlier that all single SNAs and SNFOs are going to be required to live on base. Not sure where NFOs go in the pipeline though.

phrogpilot73

Just heard from our CO today, confirming what was said earlier that all single SNAs and SNFOs are going to be required to live on base. Not sure where NFOs go in the pipeline though.
Not quite the answer he was looking for...

To answer the OP's question, NFO's do all of their training at NAS P-Cola. Some get winged there, some don't get winged until they hit their platform's FRS.

Crowbar

None
I was wondering, as an NFO student, will I ever leave P'cola during the training there or am I always going to be at NAS? As in, pilots will go to whiting, corpus, meridian, jax....you get it
Thanks
Dube

If you are a Marine, everything from API-winging will be in Pensacola. If you are Navy, what everybody else said.

SnipeDude

Cleveland Brown Fan
After API NFOs do 4 months of Primary in Pensacola then:
- E-6 guys go to VQ-7 in Oklahoma City for Advanced/FRS/Winging
- P-3 guys go to VP-30 in Jacksonville for Advanced/FRS/Winging after one month of Intermediate
- E-2 guys go to VAW-120 in Norfolk for Advanced/FRS/Winging after Intermediate (two months)
- Jets stay in Pensacola at VT-86 for Advanced/Winging then go to their respective FRS (Lemoore, Oceana, Whidbey)

And of course don't forget the wait time to class up for IFS, API and Primary in Pensacola so estimate 1-2 years in Pensacola depending on airframe