• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where will I go for Primary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshy

Genius by birth. Slacker by choice.
pilot
Hey all,

I'm finishing up arctic alpha and got orders to API. We are going down for Memorial Day to secure an aptmnt/house, and i can't wait to get the hell out of Quantico. I was wondering if anyone knew if they give api guys short notice of where they are going for primary. I still havn't got word as to where I am going. I have a few hundred hours of flight time, so I'm half expecting to get sent to Vance, but I heard rumors they filled all the slots they need for the time being.

If you are currently in Alpha company please don't answer this thread cuz I know everything you do. I would like some feed back from the guys that are currently in API or beyond. Anything would be great.

P.S. Would it be ok to go ahead and call Cpt. Kyte and see if he knows where I'm going?

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
In my TBS company, they let all the Vance people know well before the end of the POI. Other than that... Well, I've heard some people didn't get much of a choice between Whiting and Corpus, but when I checked in w/ MATSG in Pcola, they let me pick.

As far as finding a place to live, you really, REALLY cannot start too early. The rental situation in the Pcola/Whiting area is horrible right now, and a few of my friends who selected helos here in Corpus are having a rough time finding a place to live near Whiting. That might be something you want to consider if you get to choose primary locations.

Forgot: You could give Officer Student Control at MATSG a call and see if they've slotted you all for primary locations yet, but I'd wager they're not going to do it until you check in.

peanut3479

pilot
Everyone in my TBS company who didn't have to do IFS knew where they were going for Primary shortly after aviation night - at least 3 or so weeks before the end of TBS. Regardless of where you go for Primary, you'll still need a place to live here in P-cola for API, so start looking ASAP. If you're going somewhere other than Whiting, try finding a place out the back gate - it's a lot more convenient and I've heard there's actually places to live in that area.

gaijin6423

Ask me about ninjas!
Peanut, what's up? Housing situation still sucking around Whiting? Looks like the Marine helo draft is going to be on for a while, and I've got about a month/month and a half left here. Too late to start looking?

peanut3479

pilot
Not much - selecting tomorrow. It's still tough to find houses around PNS, but there's more than when I moved in. My roommate & I actually have a spare room if you're interested - you remember where I live, right? Milton/Pace is still really tough to find decent places to live, but again it's better than it was in Sep./Oct.

Status
Not open for further replies.