• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where to live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

goplay234

Hummer NFO
None
OK, this question has been asked by so many people and I know that no one will want to reply. In fact, I think I asked this one a couple of months ago but here it goes....What neighborhood should I choose for Pcola. I am going househunting in a month and am looking for a 1br apt. I hear that Pcola is spotty at best so I wanted your opinions. Also, I also hear that a lot of NFO types get beach houses in Perdido or something like that. Is that true and where can I find listings of people looking. Finally, someone back home offerred me a pretty nice place in Nevarre (sp?). Is that too far away from the base? Let me know. Thanks.
--Goplay

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
If you are a SNA and going to whiting they will not pay you to live off base unless your lease was signed prior to 21JUL03. If you want to live off base you still can, but it will be out of pocket. Right now the BOQ is not even close to the 95% occupancy rating required for them to authorize you to live off base. Navarre will be a pretty good haul. There are a lot more convenient places.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Go to the town called "Search." There's a complex there called "Enter Keyword." It's pretty nice.

smittyrunr

pilot
Contributor
You will have plenty of time before you start API... I would just check into the Q for a few days and look around when you get there. The housing office (right inside the main gate) will help you out and you can ask around and see where everyone else lives and if they like it or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.