• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where to live in kingsville

IronDuke

Hey guys. I just selected jets to kingsville and was wondering where some good places were to live?
Anyone in particular looking for roommates?
I appreciate any help. Thanks.

Rugby_Guy

Livin on a Prayer
pilot
The only places to live are Oak Tree apartments Hawks Landing (both within a mile of the front gate) of you want the apartment style place with a pool and all. There is Huntera Cove which is "base housing" that is off base (you can get a place as a single guy and it doesn't take all your BAH) or Paulson Falls (houses for rent by people). I personally live in Hunters Cove because there wasn't a place for rent in Paulson Falls, and it is cheaper for more square feet than the apartments.

I would say 95% of SNAs live in these places.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
The only places to live are Oak Tree apartments Hawks Landing (both within a mile of the front gate) of you want the apartment style place with a pool and all. There is Huntera Cove which is "base housing" that is off base (you can get a place as a single guy and it doesn't take all your BAH) or Paulson Falls (houses for rent by people). I personally live in Hunters Cove because there wasn't a place for rent in Paulson Falls, and it is cheaper for more square feet than the apartments.

I would say 95% of SNAs live in these places.

Hawk's Landing and Hunter's Cove are very similar with a major difference being the age of the complexes (Hunter's is newer). Hawk's had bigger bedrooms but I had major issues with mice and cockroaches coming in from the fields behind the complex when the weather got cold. Hawk's, Oak Tee and Hunter's are all PPV (Navy owns it but a third party manages it and deals with collecting rent). Oak Tree apartments remind me of on campus housing on a university. Hunter's and Hawk's are more townhouses. Paulson Fall's will get you a full single family dwelling.

Hawk's worked for me because it was cheaper at the time for 3 bedrooms compared to Hunter's, but this could have changed because the company raises rent whenever they can.

On a fun and sorta related note, I hope that the Kingsville studs plan to continue the Paulson Crawls Beerlympics that was started in 2015. That was grand old time.

Rockriver

pilot
That sounds...interesting. Does it apply to IPs as well? Are studs manning the Alert 5 and 15 (protecting the airspace over South Texas) or has Chapman Ranch Road become a major thoroughfare with lots of traffic delays? We used to require SDOs to remain overnight in the BOQ, but where you lived was your business.

JollyGood

Flashing Dome
pilot
That sounds...interesting. Does it apply to IPs as well? Are studs manning the Alert 5 and 15 (protecting the airspace over South Texas) or has Chapman Ranch Road become a major thoroughfare with lots of traffic delays? We used to require SDOs to remain overnight in the BOQ, but where you lived was your business.

IPs can live where they want. If not Kingsville, many live on the South Side in Corpus.

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
Hawk's Landing and Hunter's Cove were the best ones 8-9 years ago, not sure if anything's changed. 5-10 minutes to the front gate.