• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where there's a will there's a waiver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mot

I have heard over and over “if there is a will, there is a waiver.” Is this true for people applying for OCS, once you are a designated personnel, or not true at all?

My story is I am just a college kid who applied to join the BDCP (hoping for SNA) at the end of last school year. I took the ASTB and filled out most of the paperwork. When I applied to go to MEPS, I had to disclose a minor back condition (documented on my record). Short and long of it was that my recruiter didn't get my paper work in on time and I had to delay my MEPS appointment. When I called him later, he said I was MDQ’d from service and MEPS wouldn't even look at me.

My friend sent me to vnh.org and I found the waiver info at http://www.vnh.org/AeroWaiverGuide/orthopedics.html#Spondylosis

Any comments or help would be great!

satin_patriot

Similar story-- I was told that a med i was on for PMS would be fine w/ a dr.'s note, but then when MEPS got wind of it, they stamped me with Permanently Disqualified. After I whined (lots of whining) and cajoled, etc. they came up with the solution that after I went off the med for a year and had a dr. release and a dr. note at the end of the year saying i had no repercussions/side effects of going off the med, they could issue a waiver, and i could complete the app process as usual-- the catch: the "permanently disqualified from military service" still stays on my file, but they disregard that when MEPS approves me.

so, point being-- whine at your MEPS officer or OPO or whomever you have to-- they will reply with a waiver, most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.