• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Where can I find this type of patch?

sodajones

Combat Engineer
My command (I'm in the reserves now) has been notified and has passed on to me that I and the others in my unit who are going to deploy need this particular patch velcroed to the front of our flacks. The problem is no one seems to know where to get these. The following picture was emailed to us as an example. I looked on google and could find nothing. Since it's a "flight patch" I figured Airwarriors could help me out. Can you help a lowly, irgnorant engineer out?:)
fligthpatch.png

DevilDog9782

If there are any air stations (any branch) near you, I would recommend trying their exchange first - customer service desk should point you in the right direction. Sometimes they do it there, sometimes they send out for them. Turn around time: 2-10 days.

There are hundreds of online shops that will do them too. Google: flightsuit nametags. Here is one random one I found: http://www.mardonco.com/v0000001.htm

Squadron flight equipment shops will do them for squadron personnel as well. If you know someone, you should be able to get them done for free. Again, you have to find an air station.

Where are you stationed? Someone on here might be able to point you to a local store as well.

Good Luck.

teabag53

pilot
If the unit is requiring it than they should be providing it...or at least a vendor and simple way of acquiring one through the unit for little cost. I'd dig around or ask up your chain a bit more. This should be as simple as giving them the required information for yourself when they make a mass order. If anybody gets pissy because you ask kindly remind them it is an effort to achieve uniformity so that one is like the other.

sodajones

Combat Engineer
If the unit is requiring it than they should be providing it...or at least a vendor and simple way of acquiring one through the unit for little cost. I'd dig around or ask up your chain a bit more. This should be as simple as giving them the required information for yourself when they make a mass order. If anybody gets pissy because you ask kindly remind them it is an effort to achieve uniformity so that one is like the other.

Well said Sir, however this is the Marine Corps...and not just the Marine Corps but the Marine Corps Reserves. I have a copy of the orders sent to my command ordering our supply to buy nametapes and patches for all the Marines deploying. Instead of doing that they are "ordering" us to buy them on our own. I had to buy my own camelback, magazine pouches, and gloves because they didn't have enough of them to issue. Don't ask me how they are so f'd up - I take it in stride and do what I need to do to take care of myself and the Marines under me.

Also, DevilDog thanks for the advice I'll use it.

Clux4

Banned
I read your post and I cringe. But please do not tell me that someone has dropped the ball before you guys even leave. There is money for that and the SuppO of your unit or whichever unit you are attached to is responsible for that. You are wasting your money if you are making this on your dime. When they tell you to buy them, ask whether whether the CO will give a letter to endorse this.

The problem is that you have some sections in the Battalion on their own program; if only they would ask the SuppO.
What usually happens is that alot of the junior Marines get all excited and start buying gear they absolutely do not need. All the items you need will be issued before you go play at 29 Palms. If you are lucky, you will get them when you get back.

The Reserve are no different from Active Duty and they also get force fed items such as field gear. I think you are getting impatient and there is no reason for it. No Commander will let you step on the plane to any theater without gear. This is not OIF I, and there is more gear laying around the place than you can think of. The Marine Corps has bought more gear in the last ten years than it did during the Cold War.