• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When / where do you officially pick the communities on your application?

navy2014

Asked this in another thread, but I didn't keep it simple, so I'll try again:

Finally heard back from OR, who says that my application is "on the program manager's desk in Millington awaiting the next board." This seemed to surprise the OR, and I wondered if there weren't some steps we had missed. Of course, I don't want to be told that my application is ready just to find out that I've missed another board because it wasn't ready.

I never told the OR which communities to put #1, #2, #3. The #1 was settled, I guess, but where and when do you officially make these picks? Could my application even be submitted without having made them? I replied to the OR with my picks, but I don't expect any response or action based on it.

Thanks.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Asked this in another thread, but I didn't keep it simple, so I'll try again:

Finally heard back from OR, who says that my application is "on the program manager's desk in Millington awaiting the next board." This seemed to surprise the OR, and I wondered if there weren't some steps we had missed. Of course, I don't want to be told that my application is ready just to find out that I've missed another board because it wasn't ready.

I never told the OR which communities to put #1, #2, #3. The #1 was settled, I guess, but where and when do you officially make these picks? Could my application even be submitted without having made them? I replied to the OR with my picks, but I don't expect any response or action based on it.

Thanks.

You put your preferences on the first page of the APSR, there's 5 spots with six-digit codes where you fill in the designators/communities. Looking at your signature it looks like you put SWO as your first choice and INTEL as second.

navy2014

I do remember that box on the APSR. OR told me to skip it at the time, but I guess it got filled in for me. I'm sure SWO got put first, after that I don't know. OR probably had a decent guess, given what I've said, though, and I'm sure Intel and SWO/Intel made it on there in some order. Or maybe just intel? It's hard to say, but I'm sure it will be fine.

OR also never answered me whether it being in TN means that I was officially PQ'd, but I'm guessing it means yes?

dmamula

You put your preferences on the first page of the APSR, there's 5 spots with six-digit codes where you fill in the designators/communities. Looking at your signature it looks like you put SWO as your first choice and INTEL as second.

5 spots? I only have 3 on my OPNAVINST 1420.1B (located below). Is the application different from active to non-prior? Am I filling out a older application or is what you are referring to something totally different?
upload_2014-4-21_12-27-34.png

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
You have a processor, not an OR when it comes to your application as a fleet applicant. Either or, I would contact Mr. Ted Williams at NRC to figure out your status as well as program preferences.