• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When to join NROTC

rtlewis

Hi all,

I'm new here but I've been doing a lot of research about NROTC and after weighing my options I think that going that route is better than trying to commission to OCS after I graduate. That being said, I'm about two years invested in the Electrical Engineering program at my school. Is there a way I can still join NROTC or is there a limit on how many credit hours/years you've accumulated? Could I potentially join NROTC as a junior in college? I'm not worried about scholarships or anything in that nature. Thanks!

Chris94

CWO selected
Hi all,

I'm new here but I've been doing a lot of research about NROTC and after weighing my options I think that going that route is better than trying to commission to OCS after I graduate. That being said, I'm about two years invested in the Electrical Engineering program at my school. Is there a way I can still join NROTC or is there a limit on how many credit hours/years you've accumulated? Could I potentially join NROTC as a junior in college? I'm not worried about scholarships or anything in that nature. Thanks!
A lot of the other guys on here have much more info than I do. But what I know is that you can't join NROTC anytime after your junior year in college. They have 4 and 2 year scholarships and often if you join on the college program you can get put on a scholarship mid year. Are you a sophomore this year? Since you're about half way done I think your best bet would be OCS, but I'd talk to your NROTC Lt. (I'm assuming the college you're attending has NROTC?)