• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

OCS When to apply?

not_the_lasagna

pilot
Hi folks. Searched around, seems to be a variety of answers to the question. Barring any medical constraints, (LASIK/PRK) when is the earliest you can begin to apply for OCS? I was under the impression one must currently have earned/hold at least a bachelor's degree, though I've seen advice to apply up to a year in advance of graduation. There is no limit to the number of times one can apply, correct?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Generally you can apply as early as a year before graduation. As I recall there are no limits to the number of times you can apply. It isn't unusual for a guy to reapply. Realistically though, twice is about it. They expect each app to be a significant improvement on the previous. That is hard to do over and over.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hi folks. Searched around, seems to be a variety of answers to the question. Barring any medical constraints, (LASIK/PRK) when is the earliest you can begin to apply for OCS? I was under the impression one must currently have earned/hold at least a bachelor's degree, though I've seen advice to apply up to a year in advance of graduation. There is no limit to the number of times one can apply, correct?

Since you're a sophomore you still have around 2 years of waiting time till you can do anything serious. In the meantime, you can study and take the ASTB. You have three tries and the scores last for life.

not_the_lasagna

pilot
Thank you gentlemen. Since you've realistically only got.. give or take 2 or 3 shots, I suppose it follows that you wouldn't want to submit an application until you've got all your eggs in the basket.

exNavyOffRec

Thank you gentlemen. Since you've realistically only got.. give or take 2 or 3 shots, I suppose it follows that you wouldn't want to submit an application until you've got all your eggs in the basket.

make sure you get LOR's from people that have seen you perform over time, employers or professors are very good, people that you have only met for a short time carry little weight. The documents also have a shelf life, under 6 months old is best.