• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When is the next AMDO board?

toofkir

I haven't seen anything on the FY16 board schedule for AMDO and was just curious when the next one is scheduled for.

exNavyOffRec

It is usually only once per year, in Feb give or take, few spots each year and they really like military aviation maintenance background.

FYI you are over the age limit for Supply.

toofkir

It is usually only once per year, in Feb give or take, few spots each year and they really like military aviation maintenance background.

FYI you are over the age limit for Supply.
Does Supply accept waivers for age?
I'm in the Air Force, but I have 8 years of F-16 acft mx experience under my belt. Does the board only like prior Navy maintainers, or am I competitive with my background?

exNavyOffRec

The waiver for Supply is max age 29 waived up to age 31 month for month for prior service.

It seems that they prefer Navy aviation maintenance but I would apply if I were you since you have a good degree, good GPA, and military experience.

toofkir

The waiver for Supply is max age 29 waived up to age 31 month for month for prior service.

It seems that they prefer Navy aviation maintenance but I would apply if I were you since you have a good degree, good GPA, and military experience.
How heavily are LORs weighted? Are LORs from current highly ranked AMDOs a must for selection? I'm Air Force, so I don't have any connections with any AMDOs, so it'd be difficult for me to obtain one. Is it worth it to reach out to a random AMDO from the AMD:confused:rg site? I have several Air Force aircraft maintenance officers that I can get LORs from which I think is equivalent to AMDO.

toofkir

Just spoke with my OR who's in Guam and he said that the AMDO board is convening in October 2015. Also said they are only accepting prior service Navy maintainers (no civs or service xfers). Is this true? Only Navy? Given my experience (although Air Force) I think I'm competitive.

exNavyOffRec

Just spoke with my OR who's in Guam and he said that the AMDO board is convening in October 2015. Also said they are only accepting prior service Navy maintainers (no civs or service xfers). Is this true? Only Navy? Given my experience (although Air Force) I think I'm competitive.

Don't hold your breath, it is extremely rare for them to hold more than one board per year, there have been times where other designators have restricted to only AD USN or prior USN, so that could happen.

Nevermor70

From the AMDO Community Manager:
Attention All AMDOs,
I request WIDEST DISSEMINATION to potential candidates.

The FY16 AMDO OCS Professional Recommendation Board is tentatively scheduled for 22 February 2016. This process chooses your eventual successors and future leaders of our highly specialized community. I request WIDEST DISSEMINATION to potential candidates.

Deadline for package submission is 22 January 2016, but Navy Recruiting Command strongly recommends packages be submitted to arrive the week prior (NLT 15 January) to ensure time for processing and follow-up (if necessary).

Quotas are not yet established, but I anticipate as many as 10-15.

Attachments

• PA 107 AMDO signed 15 Dec 2013.pdf
    428.3 KB · Views: 16

Nevermor70

How heavily are LORs weighted? Are LORs from current highly ranked AMDOs a must for selection? I'm Air Force, so I don't have any connections with any AMDOs, so it'd be difficult for me to obtain one. Is it worth it to reach out to a random AMDO from the AMD:confused:rg site? I have several Air Force aircraft maintenance officers that I can get LORs from which I think is equivalent to AMDO.

I would definitely advise contacting either a current or retired AMDO for LORs. Your GPA, degree and prior experience are all competitive as defined in the program authorization that I attached in my previous message. I have just been picked up for AMDO recently. The community is big on mentorship. It shouldn't be too difficult to find someone senior-ish willing to lend a hand for LORs. I'm just a JG, but I'll help out where I can.

If possible, I would try to set up an interview with an O-5 AMDO or above for an LOR. It is a small community, so there is a great chance that if an AMDO is reviewing your package, they will at least recognize the name on the LOR if not personally know them. I would guess that LORs from the Air Force equivalent would help out as well, but I think they're going to want to see that you got in contact with an AMDO.

exNavyOffRec

From the AMDO Community Manager:
Attention All AMDOs,
I request WIDEST DISSEMINATION to potential candidates.

The FY16 AMDO OCS Professional Recommendation Board is tentatively scheduled for 22 February 2016. This process chooses your eventual successors and future leaders of our highly specialized community. I request WIDEST DISSEMINATION to potential candidates.

Deadline for package submission is 22 January 2016, but Navy Recruiting Command strongly recommends packages be submitted to arrive the week prior (NLT 15 January) to ensure time for processing and follow-up (if necessary).

Quotas are not yet established, but I anticipate as many as 10-15.

FYI, if they have a person redesignate from something to AMDO in OCS the will take off the 10-15 for the FY, you usually see a few of those happen.

toofkir

I would definitely advise contacting either a current or retired AMDO for LORs. Your GPA, degree and prior experience are all competitive as defined in the program authorization that I attached in my previous message. I have just been picked up for AMDO recently. The community is big on mentorship. It shouldn't be too difficult to find someone senior-ish willing to lend a hand for LORs. I'm just a JG, but I'll help out where I can.

If possible, I would try to set up an interview with an O-5 AMDO or above for an LOR. It is a small community, so there is a great chance that if an AMDO is reviewing your package, they will at least recognize the name on the LOR if not personally know them. I would guess that LORs from the Air Force equivalent would help out as well, but I think they're going to want to see that you got in contact with an AMDO.

Quick question on LORs....do they have to be on a specific letterhead or in a certain format? I applied to the AF OTS last year and I have several LORs on Air Force letterhead that I can use as a guide, but I'm not sure how it's done for OCS applications.

Also....regarding the motivational statement, do we write a seperate statement for each community we're applying for? Reason I'm asking is because I want AMDO as my first choice but I'm also applying to other communities and want to speak to why I think I'd be good for them also....but I'm thinking that could make the statement pretty long....