• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When does the selection board meet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ander37

K-rock
Hello Everyone!
I have been on this forum for a couple months now. I have recently submitted my package for BDCP-SNA, and I am awaiting word on whether I get Pro-Rec'd or not.
My question is, when does the next selection board meet? Do they meet on a regular basis or just when enough apps come in to get viewed? Also, do the Pro-Rec board and Final Selection board meet at the same time; are they the same people?
Thanks for all the help...

austinfalnes

Sounds like we are in the pipeline at about the same time, I've had the same question for about a month now...My app was sent in the first week of November, as INTEL/SWO/CRYPTO...and I do already know that I wasn't picked up for SWO

I don't think anyone knows the answer. My recruiter said "They meet all the time" But I'm not an aviation candidate...He seemed to think that pilot boards are less frequent. He also said they will consider you for all three of your designator choices individually, so who knows how long that will take.

Bottom line, BUPERS doesn't publish BDCP boards, at least not publicly on ther website, as far as I can see..just keep praying and waiting...

ander37

K-rock
What were your stats for your package?
Mine were:
8-AQR
9-PFAR
8-FOFAR
63-OAR
I had 7 LOR's.
I only applied for Pilot...

Thanks,
And good luck for the rest of your preferences!

austinfalnes

OAR - 50
AQR - 5
GPA-3.3
Graduating in May with BS in Elementary Education...
I didn't know that I could include any mroe than 3 LOR's

I'm definetly not the typical INTEL candidate...but I'm hoping that will be in my favor. We'll see. I'll take the ASTB again if I don't get selected, cause I got the scores I did with very little prep...and now that I know what the damn spacial apperception test is like...I might be able to improve my packacge that way...Good Luck!

BTW...where do you live/go to school?

ander37

K-rock
I goto Western Washington University. I am in my fourth year of a five.
Other stats for me...
3.15 GPA ... Majoring in Computer Science / Minor in Math.

I was told that the minimum was 3 LOR's, maybe 7 was a little much...hope not. Maybe it will cancel out my low GPA.

bcw

I just found out this morning that I was Pro-Rec'd for SNA. My package was sent off less than 2 weeks ago. I hope you guys get picked up soon.

wigs_34

austinfalnes,

how do you know you didn't get selected for SWO? and why? I am submitting for SWO in a couple of weeks and just curious how you know about that and not the other two? Are SWO spots hard to come by right now? Can anyone tell me what LOR's mean..and also what does SNA stand for? Thanks

austinfalnes

wigs...

My recruiter said that apps are considered for each designator by seperate boards. He said the SWO had rejected me for BDCP, but that I shoul reapply (as in NON-BDCP).

My other two designators, (INTEL and CRPYTO) are still out. CNRC (recruiting command) notified him of thier decision regarding SWO, a couple weeks ago. I have no idea why. I don't think they ever really tell anyone why they are not selected. I have heard through this forum, and usnavyocs.com that SWO is pretty full, and competive. THen again, my stats aren't stellar either...

LOR = Letter of Recommedation
SNA= Student Naval Aviator (basically, BDCP pilot candidate)

hope this helps...

justmeryan@yahoo.com

My recruiter told me this week that SWO is closed for a few months, that they are backed up. He was told by his boss not to recruit for SWO right now.

spongebob

I put in my package (SNA BDCP, SNA, NFO) mid-December:
ASTB - all 9's.
GPA - 3.3 in Aerospace Engineering.
PRT - Outsanding Low.
4 LOR's.
Com. Multi. Instrument pilot w/ ~330 hrs.
Eagle Scout.
My Past - I used to be a bad boy and I went ahead and told them all about it (yikes!).

My recruiter told me I would probably find out a couple days after I turned in my package. Ha! I think he was just trying to get me to finish. If I get in I will post it up (read: brag) and if not I will just pretend they lost my app and never post on here again.

Status
Not open for further replies.