• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

When does flight pay begin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

klray77

Well now that I am newly commissioned I have a question about flight pay. My designator is 1395 but I will not be reporting to API for at least another year. Will I still receive flight pay?? Or will it only kick in once I get to Pensacola? Thanks all.

Ken

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Should start the first day of ground school for primary. At least that's when mine started back in 94.

Rainman

pilot
The day your orders kick in for duty invovling flight ops (primary orders to whiting, corpus, or wherever). .you'll get ACIP

schmuckatelli

If you are stashed at the wing prior to starting you won't get flight pay until you actually check into your VT squadron. (Just to clarify what Rainman said.)

Heineken

SNA Advanced, Meridian
My designator is 1395 but I will not be reporting to API for at least another year.

Ken

Ken...is that the new time to go to API now, 1 YEAR or do you have special circumstances?

klray77

I ahve special circumstances I guess you could say. I'm reporting to AFIT at Wright-Patterson AFB for a year to get my master's before reporting to API.

Rainman

pilot
Originally posted by schmuckatelli
If you are stashed at the wing prior to starting you won't get flight pay until you actually check into your VT squadron. (Just to clarify what Rainman said.)

ahhhh yes. . when I went through there was no wing stash (woohoo). For Marines it will start whether you're wing-stashed. .as long as you have your orders to primary (not MATSG21 stashed). . if that makes sense .

Kevincjr1

klray77,
I have a question,I was wondering what type of program is this that you get to wait a year for api to pursue your master's and do you still get paid by the navy? Could you pleas explain because I am really interested in it. I report to ocs on september 6 and my major is aeropsace engineering and I am highly interested in trying to get my masters.

Status
Not open for further replies.