• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

What's with all the different stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

T00L

Hello Everyone,
I love this site....I'm sure you can all agree on that one. But why is it that we all have different stories as to how many pilot/NFO spots are open? And another one....we also do not have a general knowledge as to what the soonest dates are for OCS. Some guys say that this fall is all taken....others say that fall is open, and one guy went as far to say that he won't be going till 2004?! It's enough to make my head spin. I am sure the Navy has its reasons as to why certain OPOs tell a prospective O.C. one thing and another O.C. something different. -Maybe that is why we all have different stories? I don't know....if someone can help me out with this counter-intellectual labyrinth please let me know. I could use some closure for I, too, am a prospective pilot/NFO(2nd choice) Officer Candidate.
Thanks,
-TOOL

My computer doesn't have a pen pad....sorry.

robv182

Gotta have the Nutz
None
The number of slots open depends on where the candidate is coming from, such as civilian or military. Each class at OCS will have a number of slots reserved for military candidates. As class time gets closer, they may look for bodies to fill empty slots and someone may get lucky. I am a Navy instructor at NTTC Lackland and usually thats how it works here. We have our slots divided up by branch of service and when one branch doesn't fill their slots another will provide a body. I hope this helps, Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.